NUD aNuenue Light Bird Tenor

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

Just acquired this aNuenue lightbird Tenor from "World of Ukes" in Cumbria in the UK. Solid Cedar top with mahogany back and sides. Great loud warm punchy sound. Lovely to play and I like the understated look. Matt from the "World of Ukes" has done a great job creating this special edition ukulele with aNuenue. Not least because it is something like 35% cheaper than the Moonbird. Still not cheap but in my opinion a real bargain! The lightbird is exclusive to "World of Ukes".
Mike

A big congratulations Mike. What a wonderful instrument and a wonderful song choice for the Lighttbirds introduction, Mark Knopfler would approve. I really like cedar the combination of cedar and mahogany and this instrument showcases it beautifully. Well done, enjoy it for a long time to come

Congrats, and very well played!

congratulation, I got mine in february :D did you change the strings yourself? Mine came with black water strings. Matt promised to send me a set of his “own” Clarity strings. I like the sound of the black water strings, but I find them a bit “stiff” and hard to bend.

Wow. That is a great Uke. Love the slotted head. Sounds great. Nice playing.

Terrific playing and a fine instrument to play it upon. Sounds great! And good looking too. (Though I can't say that about the musician, cause I can't see his face. :cool: )

Wow, sounds excellent, sweet new uke! And your playing, as always is simply outstanding! Congrats Mike, I look forward to many more of your great vids on this one. I hope your Ohana doesn't get too lonely :D
Hi Ukecaster, The Ohana is quieter and more of a midrange sound. It has a very homely feel about it. I will always play it and keep it. There is always something special about your first ukulele!

A big congratulations Mike. What a wonderful instrument and a wonderful song choice for the Lighttbirds introduction, Mark Knopfler would approve. I really like cedar the combination of cedar and mahogany and this instrument showcases it beautifully. Well done, enjoy it for a long time to come
Hi Dave, I know how you like the cedar top and its combinations and after playing this I can understand why. I might be after a bit of advice re the C string. The Fremont Soloist is a keeper and I like the robust feel of the Aquila Nylgut. But I might try another C string at some time to balance the difference in sound and feel!

Congrats, and very well played!
Thank you you Nickie!

Wow, great ukulele and great playing.
Thank you Joyful Uke!

congratulation, I got mine in february :D did you change the strings yourself? Mine came with black water strings. Matt promised to send me a set of his “own” Clarity strings. I like the sound of the black water strings, but I find them a bit “stiff” and hard to bend.
I did change them. I always play with a low G and really like the Fremont Soloist. The strings that came with it.....some kind of Fluorocarbon I think, felt very light and flimsy to me although I thought they sounded good. I think this is mainly that I am used to the thicker feel of a nylon strung guitar. So I changed the strings for Aquila Nylgut. They are far more robust in feel and stiffer. Opposite to what you are trying to achieve. I think the Light Bird may have a stiffer feel than my Ohana and this may be due to the Slotted headstock allowing a greater break angle over the nut?????? I hope you are enjoying your Light Bird too. There can not be many around at the moment!

Wonderful in all respects!
Thank you Kathryn!

Wow. That is a great Uke. Love the slotted head. Sounds great. Nice playing.
Thank you Kibes37, it does have an understated beauty about it!

Congratulations to the lightbird found its way to the home of this great master !
Seriously, Anything sounds good in your hands and this one is no exception!
We all look forward to you making beautiful music with this uke !
Thank you very much Brenda, you are very kind!

Terrific playing and a fine instrument to play it upon. Sounds great! And good looking too. (Though I can't say that about the musician, cause I can't see his face. :cool: )
Kenn2018, I did not want to spoil the beauty of this instrument by actually showing my face:D!!!!

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Hey Mike, regarding your C string question. I am a huge fan and proponent of a wound C string. It really does balance the transistion from wound low G to nylon/floro/nylgut trebles nicely. When South Coast was still around they had the very best and only phosphor bronze wound C on the market, wish Fremont would make one. Now I use Thomastik CF27 or Da'Addario NYL028W silver wound from their classical guitar string line.

Hey Mike, regarding your C string question. I am a huge fan and proponent of a wound C string. It really does balance the transistion from wound low G to nylon/floro/nylgut trebles nicely. When South Coast was still around they had the very best and only phosphor bronze wound C on the market, wish Fremont would make one. Now I use Thomastik CF27 or Da'Addario NYL028W silver wound from their classical guitar string line.

Thanks Dave, I will check those options out. I do agree its a pity that Fremont do not make a matching C string for their Soloist!

Ko'olau also make an interesting looking wound C

Southern Ukulele have them in stock.

Very nice Mike, and excellent playing. Try Strings By Mail for the CF-27. stringsbymail.com.

Top Bottom