MGM - Too much ukulele(dream)

UkuleleD

Reaction score
MGM - KoAloha - Too much ukulele dream

Lol you know you're in deep when you have DREAMS about ukuleles. I had a most bizarre one last night:

It was night time, I had just gotten home and I was expecting a new ukulele to arrive that day I had bought off Flea Market Music. I get through the door and the first thing I see is my dad's computer with a youtube video open that he had just shot and uploaded himself. Curious, I click play and see apparently 3 toddlers that belong to family friends my dad must have been watching, jumping up and down. At first glance it was a cute moment, and then to my horror I see what they were jumping up and down on....MY UKULELES!!

It was just a brutal sight to see, I mean these kids were jumping up and down on the necks, stomping the body...vicious uke cruelty. So I sprint over to the location in my house where it was filmed and see the 3 ukes still laying on the tile floor. Among them is the new ukulele I was expecting to arrive that day :eek:. It was a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday except the funny thing was it did not have the signature body, but a traditional pineapple shaped body. I picked it up and began examining it, while talking to my dad
"You let them stomp these???!?"
"Yea they were playing with them"
"Dude you gotta pick these up when they do that and tell them "NO FACTORY", they can play with the junkers, but NOT the factory ukes, too expensive!!", he agrees and says something.

Now I am examining every square inch of my would be mint-used KoAloha. I am walking out to my backyard which is light by those tiki torches and viewing it in the fire light. It seems to have got the least brutality on the front, but I am hesitant to flip it over and examine the back of it. Just as I had thought, the back got several scuffs and dings while being grinded on the tile =(.

I notice out of the corner of my eye a grizzly figure moving behind my tall wooden fence. A hand appears to reach over the fence. As I walk towards it the hand disappears behind the fence. I put my hand on top of the fence and peak over it, and guess who it is..in perfect image......

MGM!!! The first thing he says is "Mahalos!!" simultaneously throwing the :shaka: LOL!!!!

Fricken halarious, MGM just pulled a Mr. Wilson from the Tim-the-Toolman TV show Home Improvement behind my fence.
Me: "MGM! Whatsup man!??"
MGM: "Nothing much, whats going on?"
Me: "Ahh I just got this ukulele here for a steal of a price off FMM, check it out"

MGM starts messing around with it, playing it, and I just start asking him questions about it while I try and bring up the FMM listing on my iphone - check if the intonation is good, make sure the new battle wounds didn't mess up the sound. I give up trying to bring up the FMM listing because it isn't there(duhh I'm dreaming it's not that real, it's not even a real KoAloha model lol there's no traditional pineapple bodied pineapple sunday). Meanwhile MGM is playing some killer song:

Me: "What is that melody is called??
MGM: he tells me (but I could not recall the name when I woke up, doh!)
Me: "Hows the strings, is it in tune?"
MGM: "It's a little out of tune..but still nice. What's your name??"
Me: "I'm UkuleleD"
MGM: "Oh ok, Daniel?"
Me: "No, UkuleleD"
MGM: "Yea I know, but you know...your name.."
Me: "Ohhh, David"
MGM: "Ohh yea, I remember now, alright David, well thanks"

And I think he just left with my uke, because I don't remember him handing it back to me and once he was gone I looked down n didn't have it in my hands LOL! Did he take it, I never found out because the dream ended and I woke up haha

Funniest thing ever to wake up from. I still say the craziest moment was peaking over the fence and seeing Michael standing there, greeting me with a big "Mahalos!!" and a :shaka:!!!

:rofl:

The worst part is I did not awake to a custom KoAloha super concert with traditional pineapple shaped body =(

Last edited:
haha^_^ too much ukulele? eh?

KOWAI YUME :eek:

PM me your address and soundhole shape preference, jk lol :p
KOWAI YUME

LOL! Looks like Deach has a long lost relative :D. And Ahnko, scary or not, be thankful it was just a dream, because if your wife found out you bought ANOTHER traditional bodied pineapple....:rotfl:

Oh I'm getting worried now that people have dreams of me........Better up my security system..lol

LoL! Might want to double up on the that Mike I think if you check your inventory you will find that you're missing a KoAloha Noah or two :rofl:

Haha thanks for the laughs all,

-D

Oh man, if they thought my dream was creepy you guys really got it in for ya ::runs for the hills: :biglaugh:

Top Bottom