NUD Kala elite koa 3

Kherome

Reaction score
kalaek3.jpg

This is my first time doing this so I hope it works. I have worked out that "NUD" means "new uke day" (I think!) SO...I received a new uke yesterday. I purchased it from a fellow forum member (Slade. Thanks again) and though it arrived yesterday, I curbed my urge to mess with it and left it in it's case yesterday and overnight to allow it time to acclimate to indoor temps after shipping. That was so hard to do, it's like being a kid at Christmas and having to stare at that pretty box but you can't touch it!

Anyway, this is a Kala elite koa 3 and the wood is so beautiful. It's like art! It is strung with the clear strings, fluorocarbon I think they are called? With a low g string. I have never used anything other than Aquila nylgut strings so this is all new to me. (Advice welcome)

I couldn't be happier to be able to own something so beautiful and I hope I can learn to play well enough to do it some justice!

Congratulations! You've picked an exquisite ukulele!

Congratulations! Enjoy owning and playing this uke. Let us know what you think after becoming familiar with it.

It looks beautiful. When it's convenient, I'd love to hear it, via a sound file or video. Congrats!

Congratulation you did good except.........only one picture. A proper NUD for that beauty deserves at least eight pictures ;)

Kala Elite are fabulous instruments, two friends own them. The majority of members here seem to prefer florocarbon strings, I do. Enjoy it for a long time

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'm super over the moon about it. I was not aware that a NUD requires 8 pictures ;) I'll try to take some more tomorrow haha...

That’s a beautiful uke, I’m so glad you got the 3 instead of the 1. Personally I’d change the low G to high G.

Congratulations on the new addition to your household! I'm sure it's going to become one of your favorite family members.

Top Bottom