Dew Drop Ukulele

keenonuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello
This is my first time posting.
Does anyone have a Dew Drop Ukulele? I'm considering getting one. Their made in Baltimore, https://dewdropukuleles.com. Vic had reviewed one on his blog/YouTube channel. Thanks for any responses.

I have one. Maple top with curly cherry body.
The workmanship was OK. There are several spots I wish were done nicer. eg. Visible gap (not big) between the rosette and the top. Tool mark at the neck/body joint.
It has a very light built. It is one of my lightest ukes. The sound is surprisingly great, very bright and bell like quality with great notes separation and projection. The great sound makes me overlook the imperfection in workmanship.
I posted a video at Christmas with this Uke. I just got the uke and made the video the next day, so there were bunches of mistakes on chording. Not the uke's fault.
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?136837-Winter-Wonderland-played-on-a-Dewdrop-Concert&highlight=winter+wonderland

Thanks so much I couldn't find the post earlier with the search. It was the sound on Vic's YouTube post that had me more interested in getting one. I do like the sound.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Yes, I have one. I saw them at the Allegheny Ukulele Soiree in 2017, and I should have bought one then. I emailed back and forth with the builder, and I picked mine up at the Allegheny event in 2018. As Vic says in his review, it's a very nice instrument, and all the designs seem to be different.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

How deep is the body on these ukuleles? Jerry, is your spruce and cherry wood?
On the site it says nut and saddle are wood. Is that correct?

How deep is the body on these ukuleles? Jerry, is your spruce and cherry wood?
On the site it says nut and saddle are wood. Is that correct?

Spruce, Maple, Cocobolo, Paudauk. The nut and saddle are cocobolo. I forget where the paudauk is. I'll measure the body later.

Hi
The Dew Drop sounded great. Joseph mentioned that as a result he overlooked it's imperfections. Did your instrument have imperfections similar to those noted by Joseph above?
Thanks

Last edited:
I recently bought a used concert Dewdrop originally purchased in 2018. Made in Baltimore at the Four Hour Day shop by Tyler St. Clare. The ukulele is so light yet projects a sweet bell like sound easily. It is well made with no imperfections. The tuning rods work perfectly. The body is angled to help the sound escape and the back is arched. It is made of spruce, maple, cocobolo, and paudauk wood, with a beatiful acorn and stripe inlay design on the back of the body. The neck has different colored wood at fifth, seventh and twelfth frets. There is a lighter wood ring around the sound hole. On the back is a cute multicolored wood acorn. It’s really quite gorgeous and fun to play. I like it a lot for a casual jam because it is small, light and portable.

Measurements: 22.5" long, 7.5" wide, 2.75" deep, 10.6 ounces

One question is how to buy a gig bag due to the unusual shape of the body.

There is bracing at the bottom to add a strap button on the bottom which I read in an interview with the maker. Thumbs up!

Maker website:

Attachments

• IMG_9411.jpeg
    IMG_9411.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9412.jpeg
    IMG_9412.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9410.jpeg
    IMG_9410.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9413.jpeg