NUD: Martin Style 3 Centennial

Ragtop232

Reaction score
Just received my new Martin Style 3 Centennial. Wow, I'm normally a Koa person, but the sound and tone of this uke is really changing my mind. So vintage Martin sounding. As you can tell from my signature, I'm a huge Martin fan and think they have a unique sound and I can happily say this one doesn't disappoint and doesn't stray from that tried and true Martin tone.

Front%20copy.jpg

back%20copy.jpg

full%20back%20copy.jpg

full%20front%20copy.jpg

-- more --

Last edited:
I am jealous. Enjoy!

Really nice! Congrats!!
Folks! There are still a few floating around brand new.. this is a great uke (though expensive)

Congrats, it’s beautiful! Lovely collection. Can you post a picture of all your Martins next to each other? Would love to see all your different style 3s in a group shot. Thanks!

I just experienced my first case of Martin envy.

Congrats, it’s beautiful! Lovely collection. Can you post a picture of all your Martins next to each other? Would love to see all your different style 3s in a group shot. Thanks!

I guess I can call this a "Flock of Martins". I have everything here except my 3K soprano but I have a picture of it that I'll include separately.
Martins%20-%20Front.jpg

From left to right: S1 Soprano, Style 3 Centennial, Style 3K Concert Custom, Style 3K Custom Tenor and Martin 1T IZ

Martins%20-%20Back.jpg

From left to right: S1 Soprano, Style 3 Centennial, Style 3K Concert Custom, Style 3K Custom Tenor and Martin 1T IZ

Here's the Style 3K Soprano that is currently at my mothers.

DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0406.jpg

Jim

��

you need to do a blind test for UU. Play the same song with the same string family and let people guess ��

Wow, these are gorgeous!
You must have some really fancy camera and know how to use it.

Amazing! Love the Martin 3s, you’ve got excellent taste ;) thanks for sharing

Wow, these are gorgeous!
You must have some really fancy camera and know how to use it.

Nickie, thanks for the compliments on my photography skills. I have an older Fuji Film XT1 and in the shots of the Centennial, I used a 35MM Prime Lens at f2.8. The pictures of the "Flock of Martins" I just used an iPhone X in portrait mode.

Jim

Ragtop232, that is one spectacular instrument. Enjoy.

Great looking flock of Martins. (At least it's not a "murder" of Martins. ;) )

Your S3 Centennial is gorgeous.

Nice photos too.

Just received my new Martin Style 3 Centennial. Wow, I'm normally a Koa person, but the sound and tone of this uke is really changing my mind. So vintage Martin sounding. As you can tell from my signature, I'm a huge Martin fan and think they have a unique sound and I can happily say this one doesn't disappoint and doesn't stray from that tried and true Martin tone.

Front%20copy.jpg

That is some insanely good looking Mahogany :iwant:

I'm like totes jelly :cool:

The XT- series has earned well-deserved praise. If I thought I needed another camera, that would be a contender.

I enjoy the Fuji build quality and the retro look. That's why I purchased the X-T1 when released, however it's now old technology and I think they are on the X-T3. Another thing I love about these fuji X series cameras are all the controls are manual and assigned to physical knobs and buttons. Never have to go into the menu, which in my opinion detracts from framing and actually taking the photo. They also have a nice line of prime lenses that are very well built. I do wish it was full-frame instead of APS-C though.

Jim

Last edited:
I enjoy the Fuji build quality and the retro look. That's why I purchased the X-T1 when released, however it's now old technology. I think they are on the X-T3 now. Another thing I love about these fuji X series cameras are all the controls are manual and assigned to physical knobs and buttons. Never have to go into the menu, which in my opinion detracts from framing and actually taking the photo. They also have a nice line of prime lenses that are very well built. I do which is was full-frame instead of APS-C though.

Jim

Please! Stop it! You're making it sound irresistible. :)

APS-C (Nikon DX) is fine, especially considering all the camera has to offer.

Top Bottom