FS: Martin IZ Tenor with Case

Jerryc41

Reaction score
$1,350 with hard case.

This is not only a beautiful uke, but it’s a reminder of IZ, with his picture and his wife’s autograph inside. It’s constructed of solid quilted mahogany. The fingerboard is Indian rosewood, and there is a distinctive flower and “IZ” inlay on the headstock. The tuners are Pegheds, with 4:1 gearing.

It is in perfect condition, and it sounds beautiful. They sell new for $1,759, and this one is like new. I will include a hard case and knock over $400 off the price, bringing it down to $1,350. Buyer pays shipping, and I will pay insurance. One of the feet on the bottom of the case is missing the little round cap, but that doesn't affect anything.

Pay with PayPal, and it will go out within one business day.

Pictures here -
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZhTpD9sqj8b5vhgj9

Last edited:
This is a great deal on a Martin T1 solid quilted mahogany tenor, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole ("Iz") commemoration edition Ukulele.
The headstock has a lovely inlay.
Most importantly, these ukuleles have a great, rich sound.
BTW: I noticed on Reverb that some of the new ones are selling for around $1859.

Best of luck with the sale Jerry.

This is a great deal on a Martin T1 solid quilted mahogany tenor, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole ("Iz") commemoration edition Ukulele.
The headstock has a lovely inlay.
Most importantly, these ukuleles have a great, rich sound.
BTW: I noticed on Reverb that some of the new ones are selling for around $1859.

Best of luck with the sale Jerry.

Yes, it is beautiful - sight and sound. I have over four dozen ukes, or I'd keep it. I ordered another uke today. "Self control"? What's that? :D

Oh my gosh 4 dozen. Wow that sounds like Heaven. You're like a dream collector. I can imagine each uke saying, "I wonder if he's going to pick me tonight?" I spend my evenings listening to various lutherie's instruments. But you have them at your fingertips.

Oh my gosh 4 dozen. Wow that sounds like Heaven. You're like a dream collector. I can imagine each uke saying, "I wonder if he's going to pick me tonight?" I spend my evenings listening to various lutherie's instruments. But you have them at your fingertips.

"Over four dozen" translates into 56. Finding the one I want is getting to be a challenge. Have name badges clipped to each case.

You could always put their names (make and model) in a hat and draw one or two each day to randomize the selection. And maybe surprise you in the processes.

You could always put their names (make and model) in a hat and draw one or two each day to randomize the selection. And maybe surprise you in the processes.

Too much paperwork. 😁

Just for the fun of it, I've used a random number generator. I usually bring a regular uke and a banjo uke to sessions.

"Over four dozen" translates into 56. Finding the one I want is getting to be a challenge. Have name badges clipped to each case.

I hope your home-owner's insurance is up to date.

You might need a rider in order to specifically cover anything that is not a run-of-the-mill and/or rare item.

It might be worth looking into for you.

I hope your home-owner's insurance is up to date.

You might need a rider in order to specifically cover anything that is not a run-of-the-mill and/or rare item.

It might be worth looking into for you.

Good point Joe. I need to do that. I don't have anywhere near the number of ukes that Jerry does. But I do have a couple of customs that would be impossible to replace.

Top Bottom