Meeting Julia Nunes tomorrow!

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Long story short....

Met a guy on line, a local teacher, who runs a 5th grade uke club in a local school. I sugested he contact Julia Nunes about visiting their club, as she's a local girl. Months have passed, and she's agreed to do it! The visit is tomorrow, for an hour, and the teacher has invited me to attend.

I'm really looking forward to it, as I'm a big fan of Julia's, and she is a big part of the reason I took up the ukulele. I can't believe that this just happened to fall on my day off this week! Sweet! I never would have been able to go, otherwise....

For anyone interested, the club is the Cal-Mum (Caledonia / Mumford) Ukulele club. They have a web site, but I don't have the link handy. :eek:

you should tell her to join UU. have fun!

Sweet! Take picture with her if you can. :shaka:

The camera is packed, the battery is freshly charged, and I'm on it! I wish I had video capability, but I don't.

Do you think it would be presumptuous of me to bring a uke? I know the kids will have theirs, and I'm sure Julia will be playing with/for them. I'm just an invited visitor....would that be out of place for me to bring a uke?

Man, I wish I had thought to get a UU t-shirt in time to wear tomorrow....:eek:

Sweet deal... Pics, Pics, Pics..

Yea bring your uke... Better safe than sorry..

Thats pretty cool of her to do the meet...

The camera is packed, the battery is freshly charged, and I'm on it! I wish I had video capability, but I don't.

Do you think it would be presumptuous of me to bring a uke? I know the kids will have theirs, and I'm sure Julia will be playing with/for them. I'm just an invited visitor....would that be out of place for me to bring a uke?

Man, I wish I had thought to get a UU t-shirt in time to wear tomorrow....:eek:

BRING THE UKE! have her play it in a photo.. she is super nice.. if you want have her sign it!!!!

Julia has cute nostrils. :shaka: :love: :worship:

Well, obviously Ukisociety has met Julia, and I've seen video of Julia and Seeso doing "I've Got You, Babe"....and it looks like I'm next!

I'm taking everyone's advice and bringing my uke. I'm not sure if I'd want it autographed....we'll see. Good idea, though, to get a picture of Julia playing it (if possible). The meeting is for the kids, after all, and I don't want to impose.

Anyone else here in UU-land met Julia Nunes?

I'll report back later this afternoon and let everyone know how it went!

picture.php

Here's a pic of seeso and moi together just to quell the rumors that we are, indeed, one and the same person.:p

Not the same person, maybe... but definitely twins. :D

BTW, I think there's something wrong with your umbrella...

Top Bottom