Suggestions for silver machine heads, please.

Mr. B

Reaction score
I need your help, please!
I have a Flight (concert size) which I just restringed with PhD high tension Low G - now it sounds sweet. :) The strings before haven't really fit.
Anyway, I like this uke but I do not like the look. And all of that just because of the gold machine heads it came with.
I just had a quick search for some silver ones, and man they are over 50 dollars from Grover.
Would anyone of you know a good and inexpensive brand/source where to get some machine heads (in silver, lol) from, which will do the job?

1. front.jpg2. back.jpg

Just go to ebay and search ukulele tuners. They start at $4.55 USD a set and go on up. Pay whatever you want for them.

These Grover ukulele tuners are actually made in the USA:

https://www.amazon.com/Grover-9NB-S...gateway&sprefix=grover+ukulele,aps,241&sr=8-1

I used them to replace the crappy tuners on a cheap Cordoba and they're basic but smooth. Nickel plated with black buttons for under $18. Perhaps the $50 ones you priced had actual silver plating? I prefer the look of antique brass tuners but don't mind gold tuners just as long as the buttons aren't gold too.

Top Bottom