Spring Cleaning Tuner Sets For Sale

Pegasus Guitars

Reaction score
I have 2 sets of 4 of new Gotoh Stealth tuners, 4 sets of 4 of new Peghed tuners, and 1 set of 4 of the newest Peghed aluminum body/ivoroid knobs for sale. See photos. Each set of 4 is $45.00. Free shipping anywhere in the U.S. Happy building!--Bob

Attachments

• DSC_0498.jpg
    DSC_0498.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0499.jpg
    DSC_0499.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0497.jpg
    DSC_0497.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 121
I don't know what you mean by vintage. Everyone has their own take on that. Having been a luthier for more than 40 years, vintage to me means at least back in the 1940's or earlier. If you have a Martin like that, you will devalue it by making tuner hole modifications to accommodate any of these tuners. Post a photo on the forum and ask about tuners that do not require tuner hole resizing. You should get plenty of response. Good luck.--Bob

PM sent for a set of the dark Pegheads.

AFAIK, there aren't any geared tuners that won't require bigger holes on a vintage Martin headstock, and very few friction tuners either. For me, I'd have no problem reaming out a vintage Martin for a set of Pegheads or UPTs, YMMV.

Last edited:
PM sent for a set of the dark Pegheads.

BTW, there aren't any geared tuners that won't require bigger holes on a vintage Martin headstock, and very few friction tuners either. For me, I'd have no problem reaming out a vintage Martin for a set of Pegheads or UPTs, YMMV.

I do plan on reaming. The Martin just sits there being humidified with no play time. It’s from the 60s most likely. I will continue searching.

Would you know if any of yoour tuners could install into a Fluke without wood working?

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, don't know! I'm a builder and stopped doing repair work more than 10 years ago, so I just don't see many different ukes anymore.

I'll take the ivoroid peghead!

If PM's are supposed to arrive as regular e-mails, then no I am not getting them. John and Tracie, you can find my e-mail on my website, which is shown in my signature. Just send me an e-mail with what you want and I'll send you the PayPal invoice. I don't know if I am allowed to give my e-mail in the description. Thanks, Bob

Would you know if any of yoour tuners could install into a Fluke without wood working?

Thanks for your reply.

You’ll probably need to file the holes a little larger. I wouldn’t recommend a reamer because of the slotted headstock. I replaced the stock tuners with better Grover friction tuners and had to open the holes very slightly with a file. It was a delicate job, but worth it.

Looks like the 2 sets of Stealth tuners are sold. No actual payment yet, so for now they are on hold. Also 1 of the regular Peghed sets is on hold, pending payment.--Bob

I only have 1 set of the regular pegheds left. All others sold. Thank you! No PM's are getting through to me, so best to e-mail from address on my website.

PM sent on the Gotoh set. Thanks - Ian

All sets have been sold. All were far less than my cost, so should make for some happy campers! Thanks, Bob

No, Thank you Bob, for helping out the UU group.

I looked at your site and if I had the space, skills and time...some of those wood sets for sale looked really great.

Bob,
Perhaps you already sold the set I spoke for.

I wanted to let you know that I received this message when I wrote you:

“Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

pegasusguitars@hawaiitel.net (pegasusguitars@hawaiitel.net)
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server.“

Top Bottom