Daniel ho polani book

stripedass

Reaction score
So I bought the Daniel ho polani book. Been playing some of the tunes and they are great. Just the type of stuff I like. Anyone have any recommendations of other books that are similar? Other artists?

Thanks in advance!

Here's hoping there are some good responses in this thread!

I have both Ho's Polani book and his Ukulele Songbook. Both are excellent, very enjoyable to play and to hear. I am still not at a level to perform many of Ho's compositions, so these two books could probably keep me busy for years.

Still, it would be very nice to know about some other artists who write original fingerstlye pieces for solo ukulele.

Arpeggio Meditations by Daniel Ward is loosely similar to Daniel Ho's book. Many of the exercises have a "meditative" feeling reminiscent of some of Ho's originals. Some of the exercises from Rob MacKillop's 20 Progressive Finger Studies for Uke also bear resemblance to Ho's work.

I have a book by Tony Mizen called The Romantic Ukulele - Classical Music for the Ukulele. Like 24 pieces. Tabs and Chords. ISBN 978-1-4950-2254-8

Arpeggio Meditations by Daniel Ward is loosely similar to Daniel Ho's book. Many of the exercises have a "meditative" feeling reminiscent of some of Ho's originals. Some of the exercises from Rob MacKillop's 20 Progressive Finger Studies for Uke also bear resemblance to Ho's work.

I have both of those books and I agree, wonderful soothing music in both books

Top Bottom