FS: Kanile’a K-1 T DLX Koa Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uke Up

Reaction score
Gorgeous Kanile’a K-1 DLX Tenor. It has a full, warm sound without losing clarity. It has great sustain and resonance, and this Hawaiian made tenor has a wide tonal range with a lot of body. In addition to a wonderful sound, Kanile'a uses some of the best Koa you will see, and they show it off with a perfect UV gloss finish. This ukulele is just what you have been looking for, a pro level tenor uke that sounds as good as it looks!

$775 I’ll pay shipping & insurance to CONUS. Paypal, I’ll pay fees.

The Kanile’a K-1 has become one of the top choices for a Hawaiian Koa Tenor, and for good reason. Many ukes are 1 3/8" at the nut, but Kanile'a is 1.5". This little bit of extra room is just right for many customers. It's a subtle difference, but can allow you to play cleaner and make chords that might be harder on a more slim fingerboard width. It is sometimes hard to believe that a tenor ukulele this light, at approximately 637 grams, can have such a beautiful Hawaiian sound, warm and full.

Details: Beautiful, rich all solid Deluxe Koa, Rosewood fretboard and bridge, South American mahogany neck, Kanile’a geared open back Tuners with black buttons, Paua abalone position dots, UV Curved high gloss Polyester finish. I replaced the original case with a Kamaka Hardshell case to give this Kanile’a the protection it deserves. The original strings have been changed to Worth Brown Low G strings, and I am including an Oasis humidifier.

This Kanile’a is in Pristine Condition EXCEPT for one nick - I accidentally banged the side of the head and there is a ding in the wood. Yes, it did break my heart when I did it. Thankfully, I started using a strap that wrapped around the neck/head at that spot and I forgot about the ding.

I bought this Kanile’a from The Ukulele Site in April 2017, and it was delivered to me in Oregon on May 17, 2017. The Serial # is 0417-16555. Except for the “ding” I mentioned, it has been very, very well taken care of. It is always humidified, and stored in its Kamaka Hard case. I am only selling it because I have ordered a custom DeVine tenor.

More photos available on request.

What a beauty!

Wow! What a great opportunity for someone to purchase a deluxe, gorgeous figured, Kanile'a tenor for substantially less than the cost of a K1-T. If I didn't own two K1-Ts already I would jump on this deal. Shipping included!

If your OCD allows you to live with a small nick in the side of the headstock this is a bonafide deal for a great-looking, and I'm sure, sounding Kanile'a tenor.

No, I have nothing to do with the seller or this ukulele. It's just a helluva deal for somebody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom