Keeping it in the family...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Making the most of some quality time before she gets too old to want to spend such moments with her old grandad...

Last edited:
EVERYONE & ADMIN...MY SINCERE APOLOGIES...

I meant to share this post in the guitar section and have only just realised my mistake. I have tried to delete it from here but the system doesn't seem to let me.

Again, no breaking of the UU protocols was intended. Sorry. x

Hey Dave, eve though it is a Guitar video, I enjoyed it all the same. It brought me a big smile to see GaGa Grumps and Evie having a great time together.

lol Thanks Joseph. Ever since her and her brother were babies they've called me Gaga (they couldn't say 'grandad') Grumps and it's sort of stuck even now they're older. 'Grumps' as in 'grumpy' as whenever they visited I used to pretend to be grumpy and say 'Oh no! Not YOU two again!' lol

A video to remember old mate, how cool! :)

Thanks buddy. It's fun to play with her like this, and hopefully the videos will be something she can eventually look back on with fondness after I'm long gone. X

Brought many smiles to my face! Thanks for sharing.

That was precious Dave - kids always seem to steal the show don't they? And kudos to you for showing your grandchild the power of music. Uke or not, thanks for posting!

Indeed they do Laurence. Thanks for take Ng the time to watch and comment, both very much appreciated. X

Very cute Dave! Lucky for me that this wasn’t just in the guitar section, as I would have missed it. You are creating great memories for your grandchildren. Well done to you both :)

Very cute Dave! Lucky for me that this wasn’t just in the guitar section, as I would have missed it. You are creating great memories for your grandchildren. Well done to you both :)

Thanks Clive for your kind comments. My posting it here WAS a genuine mistake, and I'm fully aware that this section is a ukulele only forum, but many of us who like to follow each other's efforts DO play both uke and guitar and I often miss things people have posted in other sections; sometimes not seeing their posts until MUCH later.
I wish there was a way of syncing the two, but there you go, it's the nature of the beast and I will be the last to criticise this great resource, it's friendly, supportive members, and the admin team who take the trouble to keep it running for us. x

More real than cute. People have grandchildren and play music and games with them all the time. This is one of the most important ways for the young people to learn and experience about life.
As I was watching the video, I wondered how many other UU members do a similar thing and whether there would be enough interest to have a season of similar videos in the video forums of UU. Not cute videos, videos in the same genre and format and intentions as the videos we already see. Arranged just as much for the children to watch other children as it is for the adults.

Could be an idea Bill. Our children ARE the future of music long after we'll all be gone. What we install in them today...x

Top Bottom