NUD: Kiwaya KTC-1

Ukecaster

Reaction score
I haven't done an NUD for a while, but this one deserves one. I recently got in a used Kiwaya KTC-1 concert, and it is a wonderful instrument. Came with UPT tuners installed. I've been through a few other ukes lately, nice ones in koa, acacia and mahogany/spruce, but the all- mahogany tone just hits all the right buttons for me. This one sounds loud and sweet, and as usual for Kiwaya, plays like a dream. Martin M600 strings sound great on it, but I'd also like to try Nylgut or Nyltech eventually too. Anyone have a Kiwaya concert, and what strings do you like on it? I had the cool tweed Oahu archtop concert case already, and the uke fits like a glove in it. Happy camper here.

20190329_101151.jpg
20190329_101219.jpg

Last edited:
Geez, that looks like a very good copy of a Martin. I bet it sounds good. Are you good with friction tuners?
Congrats!

Congratulations those Kiwaya are wonderful instruments and I agree about the mahogany tone......sweet!! The Gohto UPT tuners are my favorite as well, sleek looks with great functionality. Enjoy your new beauty.

Sweet! My favorite ukulele ever.
Congratulations!

I have a Kiwaya Strummer Series concert that came with Worth medium Browns. Sound great. My favorite strings.

I'm running Martin M600s on my KTC-1 now but when it first came to me it had black strings on it. I liked them... not crazy about the Martins. I'll try Worth browns next.

Hi, Ukecaster! Congrats on very good Kiwaya ukulele with excellent tuners.

Congratulations those Kiwaya are wonderful instruments and I agree about the mahogany tone......sweet!! The Gohto UPT tuners are my favorite as well, sleek looks with great functionality. Enjoy your new beauty.

Hi, Dave! We are NUD men, right? You wrote NUD instead of NGD (new guitar day) in acoustic guitar forum. Our brain are full of NUD. :)

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6021821&postcount=8

Last edited:
Where are all the KTC-1 owners? Help Ukecaster with some options on strings..... Oh, my vote is Living Waters.

Anyone have a spare set of LW reentrant concert strings? I have a set of LW low G tenors to trade.

Top Bottom