NUD: Kiwaya "Winter" Tenor

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I tend to be an impulsive buyer, and that's what happened on Thursday. Someone posted about a beautiful Kiwaya Tenor available from Elderly. After finding a way to finance it, I placed the order and received it yesterday. Three days from ordering to arrival is pretty fast.

It's more beautiful than the pictures show, and that artwork has a beautiful texture. The sound is amazing, with sustain that goes on forever. I doubt this one will leave the house very often - definitely not a beach ukulele.

Pictures also on Google Photos.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=aHVNRHhYMl9aZEtPN3RTcnpzWkZTZkFDN2VwTHVB

02.jpg 04.jpg 06.jpg 08.jpg

Hi, Jerry! Congrats on beautiful Kiwaya.

I am NUD man. I have to explain beautiful artworks.
Sound board: pine, bamboo and Japanese plum tree. It is like gold, silver and bronze in western culture.
Hed Stock: sakura (cherry blossoms)
Back: Mt. Fuji and crain and same as sound board and head stock.

That's beautiful! Congratulations!

Oh my.. goodness!! I’m so glad you bought it, the cherry wood looks darker than the ones on elderly. But now it Looks even more amazing and really exquisite and exotic too. Any sound sample coming soon?

And what about spring, summer and autumn? U have to get those now.

Oh my.. goodness!! I’m so glad you bought it, the cherry wood looks darker than the ones on elderly. But now it Looks even more amazing and really exquisite and exotic too. Any sound sample coming soon?

And what about spring, summer and autumn? U have to get those now.

Actually, that must the one pictured on the Elderly site. After I bought it, they had none left. I'm not crazy about the Spring design, and I haven't seen the others. As for a sound sample, nothing I could play or record would do it justice.

Actually, that must the one pictured on the Elderly site. After I bought it, they had none left. I'm not crazy about the Spring design, and I haven't seen the others. As for a sound sample, nothing I could play or record would do it justice.

I’d bet a buck that you are the only person in America with this Kiwaya model!

Without UU, I wouldn't have gotten one. The Internet has cost me a fortune!
There’s more to coming your way as long as you’re on UU!

I’d bet a buck that you are the only person in America with this Kiwaya model!

There’s more to coming your way as long as you’re on UU!

I'm not a betting man, but I suspect Kiwaya sent more than one to these shores. I wonder if HMS had a Winter.

Almost everything I've bought has been because I saw it on UU. Several ukes I saw in person.

I tend to be an impulsive buyer, and that's what happened on Thursday. Someone posted about a beautiful Kiwaya Tenor available from Elderly. After finding a way to finance it, I placed the order and received it yesterday. Three days from ordering to arrival is pretty fast.

It's more beautiful than the pictures show, and that artwork has a beautiful texture. The sound is amazing, with sustain that goes on forever. I doubt this one will leave the house very often - definitely not a beach ukulele.

Pictures also on Google Photos.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=aHVNRHhYMl9aZEtPN3RTcnpzWkZTZkFDN2VwTHVB

View attachment 116594 View attachment 116595 View attachment 116596 View attachment 116597

Saw that one at HMS. Definitely my favorite of the four. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I'm not a betting man, but I suspect Kiwaya sent more than one to these shores. I wonder if HMS had a Winter.

Almost everything I've bought has been because I saw it on UU. Several ukes I saw in person.

I guess having UAS is better than most hobbies. So I’m curious on this kiwaya cherry, obviously she’s a quality uke. But how high up when compared to the 4Ks, Anuenue moon bird, vintage martins? I heard the sound sample from kiwaya YouTube and it has the longest sustain I ever heard, but again, my experience is limited.

Sweet. I’ve ordered from Elderly and they are fantastic.

I guess having UAS is better than most hobbies. So I’m curious on this kiwaya cherry, obviously she’s a quality uke. But how high up when compared to the 4Ks, Anuenue moon bird, vintage martins? I heard the sound sample from kiwaya YouTube and it has the longest sustain I ever heard, but again, my experience is limited.

I used to have several old English cars, and this hobby is cleaner, easier, and less expensive. :)

As for quality comparisons, that doesn't interest me. I'm happy with this Kiwaya.

Last edited:

HMS(The Ukulele Site) had all four seasons once it was posted sold very quickly

here are two of the Kiwaya seasons with sound sample
https://vimeo.com/315035325
https://vimeo.com/319634507

Last edited:
Wow, that is truly beautiful. A work of art, as someone said. Congrats!

Thank you for removing that temptation from my life. :p

Beautiful uke, hope you enjoy it!

Wow, that's a special ukulele for sure. Even the case is super fancy, based on the HMS Vimeo clip. Enjoy!

I used to have several old English cars, and this hobby is cleaner, easier, and less expensive. :)

As for quality comparisons, that doesn't interest me. I'm happy with this Kiwaya.

Must be hell of a work keeping the vintage cars up and running! Used to do reef-keeping and it is a money sucking machine.

You are right, each uke has its own merits. As long as it makes you happy, then it’s worth it. :)

Top Bottom