FS: Bruko Walnut Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryc41

Reaction score
SOLD

$300 + shipping

I bought this beauty after seeing Vic review it online. It is the actual uke he reviewed. When he put it for sale in June of last year, I jumped at it. This was made in a workshop in Germany, and the craftsmanship is excellent. It’s a concert with an arched/domed back. It’s light, and it has a great sound, being strung with Living Waters strings - low-G. I think it’s interesting that they still burn “Made in W. Germany” onto the inside. Vic had them install one strap button on the bout, but he didn’t put another on the neck, and I didn’t want to, either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5GdJ4bjcY&t=183s

Watching Vic’s review again, gave me second thoughts about selling it. Pay with PayPal, and it will go out within two days - probably just one day.

Well, it looks like I messed up. :) I could never figure out how to delete pictures from a post, so you have the Little Gem pictures here, too.

Also on Google Photos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mwvwwXLJv9D58G3w9

01-2.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 24
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My usual questions.....nut size & neck size/shape? I have strummed a Bruko once, awhile back. I seem to recall a flatter, chunky neck, but I'm not sure.

The nut measures 1 3/8". The neck is fairly thin. It's best to look at the pictures on Google Photos and Vic's review.

Last edited:
Jerry,
I was surprised at how bright it sounded when I listened on You Tube. I thought walnut was a woody warm sound with more low when I read other places. Does it make a difference if it is a different walnut or not? I was looking at the Cali walnut concert uke and it said it was not that bright. It kind of threw me.

I think walnut can be pretty bright as it’s a pretty hard wood. Top wood would definitely reflect that a bit and be a bigger contributor but also; a bruko is going to be bright no matter what. Bruko’s just have a sound of their own imo. Personally I love bruko.. but I like bright! Some warmer strings would tame it down quite a bit. Lovely Uke btw!

Jerry,
I was surprised at how bright it sounded when I listened on You Tube. I thought walnut was a woody warm sound with more low when I read other places. Does it make a difference if it is a different walnut or not? I was looking at the Cali walnut concert uke and it said it was not that bright. It kind of threw me.

In my listening experience the Bruko's all seem to be very percussive and on the bright side regardless of the wood combo. I'm guessing it has to do with the way they are designed and built.

Really nice looking instrument, GLWS ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom