Loprinzi Spruce Top Concert Maple Body with cool tobacco stain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubykey

Reaction score
This ukulele is hand-crafted like a jewel box with smooth clean lines. It is a joy to hold and play. The spruce top with Maple body responds with clear note separation, ideal for fingerstyle. With 19 frets in total, and position markers up to fret 15 you have ease to travel far up the scale. The neck is glass smooth fast, so easy to play.

I purchased this directly from Donna. She said she wanted to have some fun with the wood combo and stain, framing it with black binding. I think it looks great! This one-of-a-kind beauty has a minor cosmetic issue, visible when light hits at a certain angle. It's difficult to capture on camera. Looking straight on, one would never notice, but you will. It occured after Loprinzi replaced the original bridge. It does not affect sound quality. There are superficial indentation marks on top of the soundboard below the bridge. I received it in that condition and contacted Donna right away. She was unaware of that flaw, so offered a discount, or return for a full refund. It was such a beautiful instrument I opted for the discount. The price reflects the above. How wonderful it was to talk directly with the luthier about the ukulele she crafted, and was so responsive to my concern.

I did play this fine instrument often, so you will see shiny areas and evidence of strum marks. Certainly not roughly handled, and no sign of careless scratches. I noticed one very teeny, tiny nic or perhaps finish flaw on lower back of neck. You would have to look for it to notice, and impossible to photograph or palpate when playing. Only mentioning because you will scan the instrument thoroughly when it arrives. It’s pencil point size or smaller. May have even arrived like that. This Loprinzi comes in a brand new uke crazy hard foam case. Carefully packaged and shipped $335.
Loprinzi back.jpgLoprinzi full back.jpgLoprinzi full front.jpgLoprinzi side.jpgLoprinzi UU label.jpg
I will add more pictures and details in another post

Did you post it for $335? Is that a typo?

Unique custom ukulele made by Donna Loprinzi.

Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
Back and Sides: Solid Maple
Stain: Tobacco Brown throughout
Rosette black and white
Binding: Black encasing top, back, fretboard
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Bridge: Rosewood
Position Markers: Mother of Pearl
Side markers: White
Tuners: Black Grover
Finish: Satin Oil Varnish
Frets: 19 total, 14 to the join
Bone nut and saddle
Nut Width: 1 3/8"
Loprinzi branded fluorocarbon strings
Strap pin installed at the heel
Loprinzi UU case 2.jpgLoprinzi UU case.jpgLoprinzi UU flaw.jpgLoP scrapped knee.jpgLoprinzi UU3.jpg

Offer is still pending. Due to different time zones and sleep schedules there has been a bit of a delay. I will keep you posted. Please be patient. Thank you everyone for your comments and interest.

Thank you everyone for your patience and interest. The uke is sold and on its way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom