Aquila sugar strings

Kherome

Reaction score
I tried to search this topic but I didn't find anything. Has anyone used these? Thoughts?

Tried again with different terms and did find a couple of threads...apparently they are very squeaky?

Last edited:
A bit squeaky if you have dry hands, but they sound great.

I must have pretty dry hands - I could only handle them a week before I changed them. Hand lotion helps somewhat, but then it gets on the uke too, so not sure I'd want to keep doing that. Interesting sound though. Seemed a little more complex than fluorocarbon. Mimmo's got a thread going right now where he's discussing a new version of the Sugars.

I like them too. I don’t hear much squeak either possibility due to high humidity. I have them on a soprano and concert.

I like them, I had an original set that I didn't intend to keep on longer than giving them a try but they stayed on for a couple of months. Mimmo with Aquila is on this forum and he asked for some trial users to try out a new formulation. I tried those and they were great too. I encourage you to give them a try, I like them at least as well as my favorite Martin flouros. Some talk a lot about the squeak but I had minimal issues with that, maybe just the way I play.

Top Bottom