PDA

View Full Version : Question About Selling Uke Accessories On UU

Papa Tom
04-05-2019, 05:36 AM
Ugh...it happened to me.

I gave someone a nice set of stage lighting stands and they felt the need to repay me, so they gave me a whole bunch of brand new ukulele accessories. I'm not a big "gadget" kind of guy, so I know I will never use any of them.

I COULD use a couple of bucks to buy some audio cables and other sound accessories, though, so I guess I'm going to sell these uke items.

My question: I have been a member of this forum for several years, but I'm not one of the "regular" guys whose contributions are invaluable to the community. I'm just a uke hobbyist who likes watching and/or participating in conversations about this great instrument. Would people be offended if I were to list these items here on the forum, or should I find some type of ukulele swap site?

Thanks for your input!

Ziret
04-05-2019, 06:43 AM
I would be happy to see what you've got, Tom. Put them in the Marketplace, and good luck with getting new cables.

rainbow21
04-05-2019, 06:49 AM
The listing of items for sale improves the forum as you may list something that someone needs or wants at your price. Go for it!

Swamp Yankee
04-05-2019, 06:49 AM
Agreed. Offer it up on the marketplace. Don't forget, listings on the marketplace are one of the major draws for this website. Plenty of people ( like me) make that their first stop. So listing their IS contributing.

Papa Tom
04-05-2019, 07:04 AM
From the OP: I didn't realize there IS a marketplace on UU! Next dumb question...where IS it?

Arcy
04-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Down the forum list to "Ukulele Marketplace". Here's a direct link: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Ukulele-Marketplace

The official rules (Please read before posting items for sale (https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?117241-Please-read-before-posting-items-for-sale)) are mute on what can be listed beyond prohibiting what should be obvious: weapons, drugs, anything illegal or regulated.

Papa Tom
04-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Thanks, all. The items are now listed under the heading "Great Ukulele Gift Pack."

I hope someone can use this cool stuff!