I want it!

YogiTom

Reaction score
Kalei makes me wanna buy every Uke he plays. That thing sounds great and sure does have character! Won’t last long I’m sure...

Kalei makes me wanna buy every Uke he plays. That thing sounds great and sure does have character! Won’t last long I’m sure...

He does have that effect, doesn't he? Love his playing.

Your comment reminds me of when I saw someone playing amazingly on a Makala MK-S and it briefly made me realize that it's the playing, not the uke. But then eventually, I came around and wanted an MK-S. What's wrong with me?

I thought the collaboration between Kanile'a and the artist was terrific. Really good to know they are willing to work with someone who thinks out of the box.

Here in lies a BIG cause of UAS.......the visual beauty of a finely crafted wooden item. People that don't get UAS, don't get it, the sound is not the only thing we are attracted to.

Here in lies a BIG cause of UAS.......the visual beauty of a finely crafted wooden item. People that don't get UAS, don't get it, the sound is not the only thing we are attracted to.

Smell too. Smell it before even playing it for the first time

These things are exactly why I received a special issue KoAloha long neck soprano earlier this week. I’m not a soprano fan, but it’s a concert scale, and it’s a special issue, and it has a beautiful cedar top, and beautiful koa body, and the cedar aroma emanating from it is wonderful. Couple all those aesthetic things with some money in my PayPal account & a high enough UAS viral level, and you get an impulse buy. UAS never goes away. In remission.....yes. Cured.....nope, not for me.

I'm sure it's a fabulous-sounding ukulele, but honestly, I think it's as ugly as a dog's hind end! :D

To each his/her own. I'm just saying I wouldn't purchase it just based on the looks.

Last edited:
Geez. The only sense it doesn't meet is with taste—no! No! Don't! Aw, man... :p

Just realized that "taste" could be interpreted two ways; I was referring to the tongue's sense of taste. Not aesthetics.

It's not quite my cuppa, but I think it's quite cool.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's a fabulous-sounding ukulele, but honestly, I thing it's as ugly as a dog's hind end! :D

To each his/her own. I'm just saying I wouldn't purchase it just based on the looks.

One man's ceiling is another man's floor. And my dogs find dog's hind ends to be quite attractive. :)

Whatever we all think of it's looks, pro or con, it's certainly a unique ukulele and has an interesting story. Sounds great, too. So, if OP buys it, I hope we'll get a NUD to enjoy it vicariously. It will be a special one.

I’d given myself another night to sleep on it, and low and behold it is no longer available.

Better for my wallet that someone else bought it, but I am a bit bummed that I couldn’t add to my cart this morning. Oh well...the UAS continues!

Ugliest ukulele I think I've ever seen! Why would you do that to a nice piece of wood!

Ugliest ukulele I think I've ever seen! Why would you do that to a nice piece of wood!

TBH, I think I would’ve liked it more if it were a herringbone pattern.

I have a lot of fond memories making wood-burnt images with my grandpa, so maybe that’s where my personal attraction to the uke comes from. That, and I bet it would be a trip texturally. I probably would’ve spent more time running my hands over the design than over the frets and strings!

Aaaaaand now I know of another uke shopping site and found a gorgeous Kala ebony tenor. My silly starter Amazon uke hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already looking at upgrades, hah!

Aaaaaand now I know of another uke shopping site and found a gorgeous Kala ebony tenor. My silly starter Amazon uke hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already looking at upgrades, hah!

Welcome to the Wonderful World of UAS. We’re always happy to have new folks join us. :)

The OP says he thought this uke was beautiful looking and it caused him to get an attack of UAS. But some people decide to call it ugly.....even though the OP never asked for an opinion on the appearance. My mother said "if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all". Whatever happened to common courtesy and just being happy that someone else is happy with their choice. Instead the unsolicited negative comments just flow. A sad state of affairs.

Rudest comment I ever read. Why do you think you have the right to say that. Hint you don't. But in this day and age of entitlement it doesnt suprise me.

And I suppose you are entitled to tell someone to keep their opinion to themselves? Yes, 'Counter' could have been more tactful but just because the OP thinks it's beautiful (and I personally think it is a pretty cool uke too) doesn't mean we all have to be yes men.

John

Top Bottom