Best fitting case for LoPrinzi concert ?

CommonCurt

Reaction score
Iam trying to find a better fitting hard case for my LoPrinzi Concert.
The case that came with it is okay, but because it's smaller than most concerts it doesn't fit snug.

The smaller body size makes it a challenge. I'm starting to think larger soprano cases are the way to go for these.

I have a soprano case that fits it like a glove, but I'm a little afraid it might put too much pressure on it. Although the foam should eventually mold to it.

Is anyone else using a soprano case for their LoPrinzi concert, or have any suggestions for a snug fitting case?

The standard, inexpensive soprano cases on eBay I jave the tweed version) will often hold smaller concerts. My concert Flea fits fine in there. As well as a couple of other smaller concerts I've had.

Yeah, the one I mentioned that fits it very snugly is one of those $23 Ebay cases.
I just worry sometimes that it might be a little too snug.
Although, I guess I should use it as my main case for a while so the lid foam can mold to it.

I'd really like to get a more mid priced case for it, but not sure what other soprano cases would work best.

Can you just add some padding to the concert case?
Some old cotton t-shirts cut as needed to fill in the gaps?
Just a thought, anyway.

I wonder if Donna Loprinzi would sell you one of the custom sized cases that she includes with all her Loprinzi ukuleles when you buy directly from her. I had a Loprinzi concert and the case that came with it was great. It fit the smaller body concert perfect. It might be worth contacting her to see if it’s possible & what it would cost.

I wonder if Donna Loprinzi would sell you one of the custom sized cases that she includes with all her Loprinzi ukuleles when you buy directly from her. I had a Loprinzi concert and the case that came with it was great. It fit the smaller body concert perfect. It might be worth contacting her to see if it’s possible & what it would cost.

My concert did come with a case from her, and it does work, but I'm assuming it's a concert case because the uke fits a little loose in it.
I have to wedge padding around the body to make it fit snug.

I will ask her though (just in case).

Last edited:

Also, I wonder if she gave you a soprano case? Because as I mentioned above, a soprano case I have fits it like a glove. It's just a little tight to close.
The case that came with the uke looks to be of the same kind as my soprano. They look identical, just one is a little smaller.

Did you check with LoPrinzi before posting to social media? The current world experts on cases for LoPrinzi ukuleles probably work at the LoPrinzi business.

Yeah, that kinda did cross my mind (thanks for the tip), and I will ask Donna, but I still thought it would be a good idea to see what other people might be using.
Like I said. The uke did come with a case which they must feel is adequate for their concerts, but I'd like to find one that fits a little better.

As I recall, the concert case that came with my Loprinzi concert was in between the sizes of my American Music Pro soprano case and my American Music Pro concert case, but closer to the AMP soprano. Granted, these cases tend to be generous, with extra room in the headstock area for both sizes. So an apples to apples comparison with other brands of cases isn't exactly equal. I'm attaching pictures of the Loprinzi concert with the case, and a picture of some of my cases lined up. They aren't all lined up perfectly even, but it might give you an idea. Left to right - Crossrock soprano, AMP soprano, Loprinzi (red stitching), AMP concert, and tenor case.

It would be nice if cases for sale online listed inside dimensions. That would make getting a better fit easier. I general, the two Crossrock ABS cases I've had seemed to have a more snug/sculptured inner fit. The American Music Pro are more generous, so perhaps a soprano would work??? Good luck in your search.

Attachments

• DSCF1548.jpg
    DSCF1548.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1549.jpg
    DSCF1549.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1653.jpg
    DSCF1653.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
As I recall, the concert case that came with my Loprinzi concert was in between the sizes of my American Music Pro soprano case and my American Music Pro concert case, but closer to the AMP soprano. Granted, these cases tend to be generous, with extra room in the headstock area for both sizes. So an apples to apples comparison with other brands of cases isn't exactly equal. I'm attaching pictures of the Loprinzi concert with the case, and a picture of some of my cases lined up. They aren't all lined up perfectly even, but it might give you an idea. Left to right - Crossrock soprano, AMP soprano, Loprinzi (red stitching), AMP concert, and tenor case.

It would be nice if cases for sale online listed inside dimensions. That would make getting a better fit easier. I general, the two Crossrock ABS cases I've had seemed to have a more snug/sculptured inner fit. The American Music Pro are more generous, so perhaps a soprano would work??? Good luck in your search.

Okay, thanks. Yup that is the same exact case that came with mine. And your case fit nice and snug with no movement?

With mine there isn't really much side to side movement when it's wedged in with the lower bout in the correct place, but because the body length is shorter with a smaller upper bout it slides up towards the front of the case.
Which then makes there be side to side movement around the lower bout.
Like I mentioned right now I have some "cushioning" wedged on both sides of the upper bout to keep it from sliding forward.

I'll take some pictures of mine in both cases tonight. The one it came with, and the soprano case I talked about.

I don’t recall a lot of movement. I just remember that it was smaller than my other concert case and seemed to fit the smaller body of the Loprinzi.

I'm going to be talking to Donna LoPrinzi soon, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to end up using a soprano case for my LoPrinzi concert.
I just have to figure out which ones fit the best. I've been looking at the Gator Deluxe Hard-Shell soprano case.

Anyways, in case it can help someone else here are the pictures of my concert in both the case it came with, and a spare Ebay soprano case I have (they look to be made exactly the same except for the size of course).

Looking at your pictures in comparison to mine, I'm thinking my Loprinzi concert came in the soprano case. I don't remember that much extra room at the headstock.

I Ordered the "Old style" larger concert body to be built by Donna. The "New" small style felt too small.
I wonder if those cases are made for the larger old style body?

If the case is slightly large in the area of the body, there is a nice, simple solution. A couple of ukes I bought with cases came with a sleeve of foam covered with material like the interior fabric. I've never seen these for sale, but it would be a simple and inexpensive job to make one. Just cut some foam to fit, choose a plush fabric, and start sewing.

Nice looking concert ukulele! It has 12 frets to the body, so the neck is a bit shorter than a 14 fret version. The soprano case looks like it fits well. Just think about if you are going to want strap buttons at some point before investing in an expensive case that now fits it like a glove. As an aside, you can always ask a seller for the interior measurements for any case you are considering.

Looking at your pictures in comparison to mine, I'm thinking my Loprinzi concert came in the soprano case. I don't remember that much extra room at the headstock.

I couldn't tell really well because you didn't have a picture of your uke laying in the case all the way, but to me it looks like yours came with the same kind she sent me.
I say that because of the space between the upper bout and the neck rest in the case.

If the case is slightly large in the area of the body, there is a nice, simple solution. A couple of ukes I bought with cases came with a sleeve of foam covered with material like the interior fabric. I've never seen these for sale, but it would be a simple and inexpensive job to make one. Just cut some foam to fit, choose a plush fabric, and start sewing.

That does sound like a good idea, but I can't sew. I might have to ask the Mrs.'s :)

Nice looking concert ukulele! It has 12 frets to the body, so the neck is a bit shorter than a 14 fret version. The soprano case looks like it fits well. Just think about if you are going to want strap buttons at some point before investing in an expensive case that now fits it like a glove. As an aside, you can always ask a seller for the interior measurements for any case you are considering.

Thank you :)
Yeah, I thought the little bit of extra room in the head stock area (which doesn't bother me) was due to it being a 12 fret to body instead of 14.
Good point on the strap button, but I don't plan on using them on anything smaller than a tenor.

Top Bottom