PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Attention Requested

turtledrum
04-16-2019, 04:48 AM
I have sent a pm to Buddhuu twice and received no response. I then forwarded the pm to Rayan. I have not heard from either of them.

I have never had a pm to a moderator go this long without a response, so I'm a bit concerned. I'm wondering if the messages were received.

Is anyone else having issues with pms not being received?

Would a moderator please send me a pm, so that I can try responding to it with the content that I have been trying to send?

Thank you! Linda

Jerryc41
04-16-2019, 05:26 AM
Glitches of all kinds come and go. They've always been fixed eventually. If the recipient's inbox is full, he can't receive mail, but you will usually be told that when you send the message.

kohanmike
04-16-2019, 07:57 AM
If you can't post because of what's in your content when you use the Post Quick Reply button, use the Go Advanced button and then use the Submit Reply button there. That works for me whenever I have problem posting a message.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

gochugogi
04-16-2019, 08:32 AM
If you've been flagged, the auto block blot is on a timer and merely waiting a few hours usually unblocks you. I got flagged by the blot when I tried to link an audio file but was able to post it later in the day.

YogiTom
04-16-2019, 09:20 AM
I believe the OP is just trying to contact a moderator via PM, not having issues posting content on the forum. Could have misread, but that was what it sounded like to me.

Arcy
04-16-2019, 09:26 AM
Per Rayan's profile (https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/member.php?2-rayan) he doesn't look at his PMs:

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

turtledrum
04-16-2019, 10:25 AM
Thank you all for your comments. Actually, I'm a bit surprised that a moderator hasn't answered this thread. I'll give this thread a little more time.

hoosierhiver
04-16-2019, 10:56 AM
You've got to realize the guys were three young bachelors when they started this site, Rayan and Aldrine both have young kids now and all of them have different projects/lives going on. All the original moderators are gone, much of the old guard is gone, much of the 2nd generation of posters and mods are gone. It's been over a decade. It is probably time for the guys to add a few new mods who currently frequent the site.

buddhuu
04-16-2019, 01:11 PM
Hi Linda,

I have received your message (thanks to Camsuke for the heads-up). For some reason I'm not getting alerts when I receive PMs on the forum so I missed your messages until this thread was reported to attract our attention.

Could you please send me a link to the thread you refer to in your message? Thanks.

Apologies for the delay.

buddhuu
04-16-2019, 01:17 PM
If you PM it I'll keep my eyes open so I don't miss it.

turtledrum
04-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Dear Buddhuu and Campbell,

Many many thanks!!!!! I'll pm you now, Buddhuu. Mahalo! Linda :)

buddhuu
04-16-2019, 09:06 PM
Received and actioned. Thanks.

I'll try to keep an eye on my inbox as the alerts don't seem to be happening but, in case it slips my mind, if anyone needs to get in touch they're welcome to email me at rickcadger@gmail.com.

Bill Sheehan
04-17-2019, 03:53 AM
Hi Linda,

I have received your message (thanks to Camsuke for the heads-up). For some reason I'm not getting alerts when I receive PMs on the forum so I missed your messages until this thread was reported to attract our attention.

Could you please send me a link to the thread you refer to in your message? Thanks.

Apologies for the delay.

Uh oh, now we're all sitting here thinking, "Did I say something that's about to get me kicked off the Forum...?" :o

turtledrum
04-17-2019, 06:46 AM
Many thanks to Buddhuu for helping me out and to all the moderators for all they do for us and to all those who offer support along the way. Linda

zztush
04-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Received and actioned. Thanks.

I'll try to keep an eye on my inbox as the alerts don't seem to be happening but, in case it slips my mind, if anyone needs to get in touch they're welcome to email me at rickcadger@gmail.com.

I know no one wants to be modelator, but one you become a modelator you should not miss any alerts from the server as soon as you possible. Because the server is open to public there are many risks on the server including privacy. You should check the reason why you missed the alert and you need to repair it.

I think you've just off the email notification of PM, when last security attack, because there were so many PMs and you were sick of it. Then forget to set the notification on. That is fine but you need to declare that now notification is on and working. We've had several server attacks last year and we still have many risks on this server.

And I think you shold not write your email address here. That brings security risk of this server too.

DPO
04-17-2019, 03:10 PM
I know no one wants to be modelator, but one you become a modelator you should not miss any alerts from the server as soon as you possible. Because the server is open to public there are many risks on the server including privacy. You should check the reason why you missed the alert and you need to repair it.

I think you've just off the email notification of PM, when last security attack, because there were so many PMs and you were sick of it. Then forget to set the notification on. That is fine but you need to declare that now notification is on and working. We've had several server attacks last year and we still have many risks on this server.

And I think you shold not write your email address here. That brings security risk of this server too.

I think that is hiis priivate email address, how is that a risk?

zztush
04-17-2019, 05:15 PM
I think that is hiis priivate email address, how is that a risk?

Most famous cases are virus. Virus can steal password, credit card numbers and so on in his computer. And there are many other ways too. We don't trust unknown email senders. Now a days, no one write his/her email address in anonymus forum, because they know it is dangerous.

DPO
04-17-2019, 06:26 PM
Most famous cases are virus. Virus can steal password, credit card numbers and so on in his computer. And there are many other ways too. We don't trust unknown email senders. Now a days, no one write his/her email address in anonymus forum, because they know it is dangerous.

My email has been in my signature on this site for ten years with no issues whatsoever. Never had a virus, no one has stolen my passwords or CD numbers. Not dangerous at all. All it needs to remain safe is a little common sense.

gochugogi
04-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Ah horse pucky I say! Most of us use a special email for public communication, separate from work and family. I can't say that I've ever had any problems and I live a very public life as a long time artist, YouTuber, blogger and government employee. My emails are also on 4 social media sites I frequent and I rarely even receive spam. The whole idea of having a publicly posted email account is so the general public can contract you for business, information, etc. Heck, my employer, the University of Hawaii, posts my email account information in their faculty directory, course index, program pages, catalog and university forums. Everybody on earth can find my email if they wanted and yet I'm not really in high demand...

kohanmike
04-17-2019, 07:40 PM
I have a separate email address for each of the services I use; shopping sites, vendors, banks, medical, amounting to about 147. If I find junk addressed to one which did not come from the service, I delete my email address and create a new one. I pay for unlimited hosting to be able to do that and store all the images I post here in full size.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

zztush
04-17-2019, 09:33 PM
My email has been in my signature on this site for ten years with no issues whatsoever. Never had a virus, no one has stolen my passwords or CD numbers. Not dangerous at all. All it needs to remain safe is a little common sense.

Hi, Dennis! Yes, you, gotugochi and kohanmke can write your e-mail addresses at your own risk anywhere. I don't care your passwords or privacy, even I were gang.

But modelator's power is very strong. budduhuu should keep this server very secure. Gang may attack him, because he is modelator with strong power on this server. Actually we have several attacks and I heard that our passwords on this server was stolen last year. I've changed my password.

And my point is not e-mail security. vBulletin (this server) is very robust and secure server and used in many sites in very secure. Many people use this e-mail nortifications. I have never hard any e-mail nortification problem with this server other than budduhuu.

DPO
04-17-2019, 10:02 PM
Hi, Dennis! Yes, you, gotugochi and kohanmke can write your e-mail addresses at your own risk anywhere. I don't care your passwords or privacy, even I were gang.

But modelator's rights are very strong. budduhuu should keep this server very secure. Gang may attack him, because he is modelator with strong rights on this server. Actually we have several attacks and I heard that our passwords on this server was stolen last year. I've changed my password.

And my point is not e-mail security. vBulletin (this server) is very robust and secure server and used in many sites in very secure. Many people use this e-mail nortifications. I have never hard any e-mail nortification problem with this server other than budduhuu.

Relax, it's just a uke forum. Don't be so scared of the world. Fear breeds fear.

kohanmike
04-18-2019, 05:24 AM
Hi, Dennis! Yes, you, gotugochi and kohanmke can write your e-mail addresses at your own risk anywhere.
I did not mean to imply that I show my email address just anywhere, I don't, my effort is to make it easy to delete an email address if it does get compromised.

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

zztush
04-18-2019, 10:29 PM
Relax, it's just a uke forum. Don't be so scared of the world. Fear breeds fear.

Hi, Dennis! I agree with you. But buddhuu is moderator. Moderation is difficult and sometimes may have misunderstanding.
Children, girls and buddhuu should not write their email address.

buddhuu
04-18-2019, 11:21 PM
[...]
Children, girls and buddhuu should not write their email address.

LOL! :D

zztush, thanks for your concern.

My day job involves all aspects of running a website, including aspects of cyber security. Choosing to share my email address here is done with full awareness of the risks, so please don't worry on my behalf.

"Children, girls and buddhhuu...". That literally made me roar with laughter. Thanks for cheering up my morning!

On that note, thanks everyone but I'm closing this now at the request of the OP.