PDA

View Full Version : New...Outdoor banjolele, has anyone tried them out?

Sharpshin
04-16-2019, 04:58 PM
I just noticed that Outdoor Ukulele has a new model, the Outdoor banjolele... big Remo head and several colors. Does anyone on UU have one, and would be willing to share their impressions? They look sharp!

Nickie
04-16-2019, 05:00 PM
You could just order one, and see how you like it.
Or maybe Baz will review one someday.

RLM3121
04-16-2019, 05:16 PM
I have on. It is a different experience to play. Really loud not quite a full jangle banjo uke sound. It’s different, but I like it. In YouTube do a search and there are several videos.

Osprey
04-17-2019, 03:26 AM
One guy in my Uke Group has one and really likes it. I have played it a bit and it is punchy. I agree it is not quite banjo like but pretty close. I would consider getting one.

Sharpshin
04-17-2019, 04:20 AM
Thank you Nickie, RLM3121, and Osprey,
I believe I got a handle on the sound...at least I think I do. Don't know why I didn't look at You Tube from the beginning. I rather like them!

besley
04-17-2019, 09:32 AM
I got to play one at a jam at Groth music in the Minneapolis area last Friday. It is certainly loud, lightweight, and comfortable to hold - though I do wish it were smaller. It doesn't sound as much like a bajo uke as I expected, and not as good as my Magic Fluke Tenor Firefly banjo uke - but then the Firefly is twice the price. If you want to dabble with a banjo uke, and prefer a tenor scale, it would be very hard to beat. If I didn't already own a Firefly I would for sure be getting one.

Jerryc41
04-18-2019, 01:48 AM
Yes, that's been out for a while. It looks like it will be super tough.

https://www.outdoorukulele.com/collections/ukuleles

Lots of articles.
https://www.google.com/search?q=outdoor+banjolele+carbon+review&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS716US717&oq=outdoor+banjolele+carbon+review&aqs=chrome..69i57.9078j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

M3Ukulele
04-18-2019, 11:28 AM
This is the first banjoukulele that I have liked the sound of. It has food sustain and clear notes. I’m not a banjo guy and cringe when I’ve played a few but this one actually sounds good to me and if I could hold and play one, I might even consider buying one.

Not dissing the this type of instrument. It’s just not been for me. I like the couple You Tube clips The intonations seems bang on. Think I just need time with one

Thanks for posting I was not aware it existed. Just need to p,at one now to decide.

rhiggie
06-16-2019, 03:58 PM
I've had one for a couple weeks. At 1st it was kind of mellow and not much pop. I adjusted the head tension quite a bit and that helped a bunch. May try some brighter strings like maybe Aquila Reds. Don't want to crank the head to far. I have a custom George tenor banjolele and it's really crisp and poppy. Didn't expect this uke to sound like a $1000 banjolele but it's getting closer and the playability on it is great!