String suggestions for LN soprano

RafterGirl

Reaction score
KoAloha special issue LN soprano. Cedar top, koa body. I'm getting used to the plinky, jangly, sound. I'd like to tone it down a little, but not kill it entirely. Mainly it's the plinky open A string that I'm having the hard time with. My thoughts are .......Worth Brown Medium, Oasis Warm, Living Waters. The Worth BM & the LW are the same strings diameters. The Oasis are thicker diameters. Current strings are a clear fluorocarbon of some sort, KoAloha/Worth Clear?

Suggestions from soprano folks?????

Last edited:
I like & use Living Water concert low G strings, I have them on most of my ukes, & they are my choice for my KoAloha acacia long neck concert. :)

I don't play soprano, but I have a ln soprano for what it is worth.

What do you have lying around for your concerts?

Worth Browns sounds like they are worth a try. They toned down the jangle of my blackwood concert a bit.

I don't play soprano, but I have a ln soprano for what it is worth.

What do you have lying around for your concerts?

Worth Browns sounds like they are worth a try. They toned down the jangle of my blackwood concert a bit.

+1- if you want to douse a bit of the jangle, warm strings may help.

As others have said the Worth Brown mediums will help. Oasis warm might make the biggest difference because the A string is larger in diameter then the other sets mentioned. One way to find out for sure........try them both. You might find the Oasis tension on the high side, they are basically a tenor gauge set but recommended for all scale lengths by the manufacture. I have had them on soprano scale with no issues.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I have Living Waters strings on hand, and have Worth Brown mediums on order. I have Gotoh UPT tuners on the way as well, so I’ll try the Worth BM strings when the tuners get changed. I like Living Waters in general, but will try the Worth Browns first.

I have some Oasis bright strings at home, but no warms. I always found it odd that the Oasis strings are listed for all sizes - soprano/concert/tenor. I had the brights on a concert in the past and liked them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom