les paul

laietildaend

Reaction score
i like get one epiphone les paul cuz da kine iz cheepah den da Gibson 1
but i still can't afford da kine geetah
duz NE1 kno of a cheep les dat i can get
NE ting woold be gret
(except da gay lespaul jr. special)

Well depends how much you are looking to spend. Used Epiphone LPs aren't that expensive. But if you're going new, the Epi LP Studio shouldn't be that expensive. Or you can go with a copy by a company like Jay Turser. There are lots of LP copys out there for not that much money.

if you know someone that knows their way around installing electric guitar pickups then it wont matter much.

and dont put down the les paul junior so much just yet. read on.

i have an epiphone les paul in silverburst. i hated how the stock pickups sounded on her, so i looked around and found some genuine gibson pickups on craigslist for about half the price of new ones. they were barely used because they were ripped out of a gibson flying V for seymour duncans. so i installed them in my LP. HUGE difference. night and day.

i would love to get my hands on an epiphone LP junior now. such a simple design, but it will get you what you need. you should be able to find one for less than 100. then spend another 60-100 for a decent humbucker (i would recommend seymour duncan) and there you have a great guitar.

if you want something more along the lines of the classic les paul style, check out the les paul 100's. the have the carved top, not like the les paul specials. the body is thinner, and much lighter, so you shouldnt expect as much sustain. but hey how badly do you want it, right? drop some new pickups in there and youve got a badash geetah for less than 400.

on top of learning to install pickups or getting someone to do them for you, you should also learn how to properly setup your guitar. of have someone to go to that really knows how to set them up. so many of the bad reviews ive read were obviously from people that just didnt know how to set up the guitar. that expected that after miles of travel in freight, that the guitar would be playable right outa the box. well its not always like that.

my brother is the lead guitarist in our band. after setup and personalization, his $90 squire strat is his favorite guitar to play. he enjoys playing it as much as his 1996 sunburst AMERICAN strat.

i would love to get my hands on an epiphone LP junior now. such a simple design, but it will get you what you need. you should be able to find one for less than 100. then spend another 60-100 for a decent humbucker (i would recommend seymour duncan) and there you have a great guitar

eh bah,
i like dah weh u tink
fo sho i tek dis one into considerashun
i nevah thought of installing da kine seynour dunkin 'bukahz into da geetah
dis is da sahlooshin
thx much
:shaka:

Check out Agile guitars, the house brand of Rondo music. They are nice, and inexpensive. They have a whole forum devoted to them, unaffiliated with Rondo, formed by satisfied Agile lovers... agileguitarforum.com

Their AL line is often compared to Gibson LPs favorably, and often regarded as even superior to most Epi's.

I've got one myself (AL-3000M) and love it, cost with hardshell case was around $500.

Top Bottom