Force new members to read FAQ before posting

cpatch

Reaction score
How about forcing new members to read the FAQ before posting for the first time? With particular emphasis on searching the forums before posting, where to find the iamhawaii.com videos, and checking the list of tabs before requesting help with a song!

That would be like heaven on earth.

How about forcing new members to read the FAQ before posting for the first time? With particular emphasis on searching the forums before posting, where to find the iamhawaii.com videos, and checking the list of tabs before requesting help with a song!

I wouldn't force anyone to do anything. But I understand what you mean. I bet we've all been culprits at some time. I know i have:D

Just have a page with a video on how to play "I'm Yours" and put the confirm registration button at the end of the video :p

Why not institute requisite water boarding to see if they REALLY read it all?
Better yet a test and if you can't pass no "password"?

Stan

They should have a note from their mother before they can post. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm a good sport. I'll read the FAQ, sign the waiver, learn the secret handshake, and endure some basic newbie hazing - you know, the traditional stuff with pingpong paddles, live goats, etc.

But if anybody pulls on a rubber glove and tells me to bend over, I'm outa here.

:eek:

Hey, I'm a good sport. I'll read the FAQ, sign the waiver, learn the secret handshake, and endure some basic newbie hazing - you know, the traditional stuff with pingpong paddles, live goats, etc.

But if anybody pulls on a rubber glove and tells me to bend over, I'm outa here.

well then look out for a guy name UKI.. he can be shifty.. he will tell you the white glove is standard operating procedure.. it is not!

There's a handshake! Cool!:D

My original point was that since UU already "forces" someone to join before posting there's no reason why they couldn't be taken to a basic version of the FAQ (or an abbreviated posting guidelines page) immediately after signing up as a member. Other forums I belong to do it and while it's obviously not going to eliminate people making redundant posts it might at least cut down the number who do. (Anyone who disagrees automatically volunteers to answer such posts!)

All right, I will play the bad guy here -- even though I am a girl --

I politely remind all you "oldies" that you don't have to read the thread. It is not mandatory to read them all. If the newbs are like me, sometimes just posting is all the skill they have. I know, I use Worth clears and they are the only stringz I need, but sometimes new players just need a bit of massaging. Be nice to them and soon they will be posting the same complaint.

I am done now...:D

Top Bottom