Good Dealer

Jerryc41

Reaction score
In an effort to reduce the number of ukes I have, I've advertised a few on Reverb. Unfortunately, when I go to Reverb, I see other ukes for sale.

There was a nice soprano offered by Maple Street Guitars, Atlanta, GA. It had been on the site for four months, so I made an offer. To my surprise, they accepted. However, before I could make payment, I got a message saying they had put the sale on hold because they noticed that the bridge was lifting slightly in one spot. They would have their luthier check it and get back to me.

They repaired it and gave it their "seal of approval," along with another price reduction. I've had bridges lift and pop off, so it's not a concern for me. I paid, and I'm eagerly awaiting my new soprano. I'll post pictures when it arrives next week.

It was nice of Maple Street to act the way they did. They could have easily sent it on its way, hoping I wouldn't complain about the slight lift in this used uke. They could have blamed it on getting jostled in shipping. So, if you see something nice advertised by Maple Street Guitars, you can buy with confidence.

Jerry .....As I said in the your other thread about Reverb, browsing can lead to impulse purchases. I took an innocent walk through Reverb a couple weeks ago, and ended up with a KoAloha Special Issue LN soprano. There are lovely things to be had there. I'm glad you had a good experience. Nice to know about a conscientious seller.

Would it be possible you ended with more ukuleles than what you have now?
:D
And that isn’t really a bad thing.

I went from 56 to 53. Not much of an improvement. I hope to sell some more, though.

Jerry, you've got a chronic case of UAS. I collect Martin ukuleles and have 10 but I can't imagine having 53 ukuleles. More power to you. :cool:

Jim

I think I would be paralyzed by all the choice if I had that many ukes. I already feel like I don't give enough love to each uke when I get up to three.

Good to hear about Maple Street Guitar. I'm local to that store and have only visited once. Might be a good place for me if I ever need repairs.

Sounds like a good dealer.

I think they used to tell people to wear a rubberband around their wrist. When they are about to do something they shouldn't, they pull back on the band and say "No!" out loud and let it snap their wrist. A reinforcement to break a bad habit.

In this case, it should probably be worn on your mouse-using hand. :)

Enjoy your new ukulele.

Mine comes Monday...

Maybe have a friend list your ukes for you so that you aren't on the site? Hard to browse if you don't get on to begin with. Taping a photo of an uncluttered closet and bedroom to your screen might help too.

HOW in the world are we to know a good dealer unless Jerry buys a uke from them?

Maybe you should consider becoming a dealer? :D

bratsche

I'll put in another good word for Reverb sellers. I ordered a new Kala Journeyman Red U-Bass for $299 from Safe Haven Music. The next day I received an email from Safe Haven that they checked the bass before shipping, found a flaw in the finish on the back and offered me a $30 discount or I could cancel the order. I took the discount.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
I'll put in another good word for Reverb sellers. I ordered a new Kala Journeyman Red U-Bass for $299 from Safe Haven Music. The next day I received an email from Safe Haven that they checked the bass before shipping, found a flaw in the finish on the back and offered my a $30 discount or I could cancel the order. I took the discount.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I've bought some "seconds" that were so nice I never was able to find any flaws.

Not for a second. I would be "getting rid of" ukuleles every day. :(

But just think of all the ones you'd be "taking in" every day, as well. You'd always have the pick of the litter, so to speak! :D;)

bratsche

Top Bottom