Hard Case for a Fluke

Replying to ScooterD35

I was unable to post while quoting your post because the site thinks your link is spam. :D

Thats a zippered case for $95. I'll keep looking. I use camelcamelcamel on Amazon to find low prices, and uke cases go up and down like a yoyo.

With 50 ukes have you tried to see if any of your cases would work? While not a Fluke I have a Fred Shields paddle that fits in a concert case. Not saying a Fluke will.

John

Has anyone found a good hard case that will hold a Fluke concert? I have it in a gig bag, but I prefer more protection.

I thought one of the benefits touted for the fluke was that it was difficult to damage? Why the extra protection?

I thought one of the benefits touted for the fluke was that it was difficult to damage? Why the extra protection?
I was about to say the same thing. I would think a mandolin case would work.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

The body is a composite, but the top is laminate wood (or solid koa), and it has the bridge and the strings sticking up. I'm just not comfortable with gig bags.

With 50 ukes have you tried to see if any of your cases would work? While not a Fluke I have a Fred Shields paddle that fits in a concert case. Not saying a Fluke will.

John

That's the problem - 50 or more cases! : )

I tried it in some of them, but they're either too large or too small. I thought someone might have an immediate answer. A mandolin case is perfect for banjo ukes, but it's too large for the Fluke. I'll try some more cases today.

I have a couple students with the Fluke and they carry them around campus bare and they seem none the worse for the wear. One just told me she accidentally closed her car door on it and nuttin' happened...

Car door - funny! Maybe I don't need a case. :D

I went with the TKL case offered by Magic Fluke, yea the price is what it is, but it fits perfectly. No it not a Hard case but I've traveled with mine and I've had not issues. I don't plan on having to stand or sit on my instrument case. I can be confident that my Fluke is adequately protected in most situations. Can't always plan for the unexpected but it's a Fluke not a Stradivarius.

I went with the TKL case offered by Magic Fluke, yea the price is what it is, but it fits perfectly. No it not a Hard case but I've traveled with mine and I've had not issues. I don't plan on having to stand or sit on my instrument case. I can be confident that my Fluke is adequately protected in most situations. Can't always plan for the unexpected but it's a Fluke not a Stradivarius.

I found a couple of my concert cases that are a good fit. Now I just have to find them online. I'm in no rush, though. When I get a Stradivarius, I'll make sure it has a hard case. : )

I have my Flea concert in a concert hard case made for a pineapple shaped uke.

Not sure if it will fit a Fluke. I can bring it out and find a fluke player to see if it fits my Flea hard case.

Concert Fluke case option

Has anyone found a good hard case that will hold a Fluke concert? I have it in a gig bag, but I prefer more protection.

In January I bought the cases I’m currently using for my concert Flukes on eBay. The descriptions were “New 24" Concert Ukulele Uke 4 Strings Hawaiian Guitar Hard Shell Case Brown” and “New 24inch Deluxe Concert Ukulele Uku Hard Case Bag Crocodile Leather Brown”. The price seems to vary between $24 and $30. They also come in black, tweed, and some print options. The companies list New Jersey as their location.

I used to carry my Flukes around in the old Magic Fluke two-tone hard cases that look nice and are quite sturdy but always seemed a little too big because they also fit the tenor Flukes. I then used a fancy Access gig bag for a couple of years. These eBay cases have worked well since I got them. They’re smaller and lighter than the old Magic Fluke cases and seem more protective than the fancy gig bag. They seemed a little snug at first, but the foam under the lining compresses a little and they’re working well.

All done! I had a hard concert case not being used, and it's perfect for the Fluke. It's a black, domed case. Don't recall the brand.

Concert Fluke case option

In January I bought the cases I’m currently using for my concert Flukes on eBay. The descriptions were “New 24" Concert Ukulele Uke 4 Strings Hawaiian Guitar Hard Shell Case Brown” and “New 24inch Deluxe Concert Ukulele Uku Hard Case Bag Crocodile Leather Brown”. The price seems to vary between $24 and $30. They also come in black, tweed, and some print options. The companies list New Jersey as their location.

I used to carry my Flukes around in the old Magic Fluke two-tone hard cases that look nice and are quite sturdy but always seemed a little too big because they also fit the tenor Flukes. I then used a fancy Access gig bag for a couple of years. These eBay cases have worked well since I got them. They’re smaller and lighter than the old Magic Fluke cases and seem more protective than the fancy gig bag. They seemed a little snug at first, but the foam under the lining compresses a little and they’re working well.
If you still have those tenor Fluke cases, are not using them and want to sell one of them I am looking for one. I just bought a koa tenor Fluke with all the options. It sounds superb. I’d love to find a hard case that fits it well, so please let me know if you’ll part with one.

Top Bottom