Denver Uke Community

CloudyKitty

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here is active in the Denver Ukulele Community (specifically through Swallow Hill Music)?

I'm curious to get a preview of what they do.

I second this....I just started listening to the Ooktown Podcast and would love to meet some of the folks locally who play at DUC and at BUG (Boulder Uke Group)!

The DUC is meeting this Saturday! I will be there! Will you, Ben?

I found their official website and YouTube channel and feel like I have a better idea of what to expect this weekend. I'm looking forward to it!

So, I'm a dweeb and the DUC was last week, actually!

I made a good time of the day anyway and checked out the Denver Folklore Center. They sure do have some beauties there, and I was lucky enough to see a couple of their newest Uke consignments having a test listen! Got myself a chord fold out, felt pick, and they had an extra sleeve-style bag so I have something for slinging the Uke over my shoulder.

Then I went over to Guitar Center and got a nice serving of education from one of the Uke/ Guitar teachers as I was strumming around on the different Uke sizes. Didn't buy anything there.

Anyway, I will check back in here after I actually make it to the group. Confirmed with the check in desk lady that the next one is on May 18!

Top Bottom