KoAloha specs

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Anyone have specs on the KoAloha KTM-00 tenor? What are the nut width and string spread at the nut? I saw the one below on eBay, and asked the seller, but he said he's not good at measuring, and referred me to other eBay auctions for the same uke :confused: From the pic,even if it's a 1.5" nut, the string spread looks rather narrow, which defeats the whole purpose of a wide nut for me, YMMV.

KTM-00.JPG

According to the review at got a ukulele it is 38mm

(I would post the link, but the site won't allow me)

Anyone have specs on the KoAloha KTM-00 tenor? What are the nut width and string spread at the nut? I saw the one below on eBay, and asked the seller, but he said he's not good at measuring, and referred me to other eBay auctions for the same uke :confused: From the pic,even if it's a 1.5" nut, the string spread looks rather narrow, which defeats the whole purpose of a wide nut for me, YMMV.

View attachment 117176
I woke up and read this. I got my precision ruler out and measured the following on my 2019 KTM-00.

Nut- 1 1/2”
String spacing at nut- 1 3/32”
String spacing st saddle- 1 5/8”

I then checked my Kaniléa tenor slothead:
Nut- 1 1/2”
String spacing at nut- 1 1/8”
String spacing at saddle- 1 3/4”

Last edited:
Interesting, so that's nut width of 38mm, but string spread of only 27.7mm. Love the wide nut , but kinda small spread, IMO. I know it's easily fixed with a new nut, but don't think you should need to do that. I've had sopranos and concerts with string spreads of 30-31 mm.

I’m not sure who your dealer is, but I’d think that if you bought a new Koaloha from them, they would cut a nut to your specs if they had a decent tech on-hand.

Top Bottom