Figure it Out

You got it!

I thought of that last night, and I spent a bit of time finding pictures and combining them this morning.

figures... a New Yawkah makes the joke and a New Englandah gets it. ;)

If there's only one spotlight it looks more like preaching. 2 looks more like a concert. Lots of fun. Thanks.

figures... a New Yawkah makes the joke and a New Englandah gets it. ;)

Speaking of which - (let's see if I can remember this)

To a foreigner, a Yankee is someone who lives in America.
To an American, a Yankee is someone who lives in the north.
To a northerner, a Yankee is someone who lives in New England.
To someone in New England, a Yankee is someone who lives in Maine.
To someone who lives in Maine, a Yankee is someone who lives in the back woods.
To someone who lives in the back woods, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie and ice cream for breakfast - with a spoon.

More -

"a Yankee is someone from the North who comes to the South for a visit and then goes back. A damn Yankee is someone from the North who comes to the South and stays there."
"I was twenty-one years old before I learned that 'damn' and 'Yankee' were separate words.”

To my dad a Yankee was a fan of the baseball team.

To my dad a Yankee was a fan of the baseball team.

Baseball? Oh, yeah. That one of those outdoor sporting activities, right? :D

It's funny that baseball didn't enter into that lengthy Yankee definition. Maybe it's included in another version.

Baseball? Oh, yeah. That one of those outdoor sporting activities, right? :D

It's funny that baseball didn't enter into that lengthy Yankee definition. Maybe it's included in another version.

Famous quotes from my dad. "Where's my Yankee hat?" "I got your brother a Yankee shirt for his birthday." "Me and some of the Yankees are getting together Saturday to watch the game on TV, wanna come along?" My cousin came to stay with us for the summer when I was a kid. My dad told me that I would like him, that he was a Yankee. In our house, Yankee meant one thing, and it had to do with baseball. I never heard the word used in any other context until after I got out of high school and someone from Tennessee called me a Yankee in bootcamp. And even then I didn't realize it was an insult. I just wondered how he knew I was a Yankee fan.

Last edited:
Famous quotes from my dad. "Where's my Yankee hat?" "I got your brother a Yankee shirt for his birthday." "Me and some of the Yankees are getting together Saturday to watch the game on TV, wanna come along?" My cousin came to stay with us for the summer when I was a kid. My dad told me that I would like him, that he was a Yankee. In our house, Yankee meant one thing, and it had to do with baseball. I never heard the word used in any other context until after I got out of high school and someone from Tennessee called me a Yankee in bootcamp. And even then I didn't realize it was an insult. I just wondered how he knew I was a Yankee fan.

Funny. Funny :D

Speaking of which - (let's see if I can remember this)

To a foreigner, a Yankee is someone who lives in America.
To an American, a Yankee is someone who lives in the north.
To a northerner, a Yankee is someone who lives in New England.
To someone in New England, a Yankee is someone who lives in Maine.
To someone who lives in Maine, a Yankee is someone who lives in the back woods.
To someone who lives in the back woods, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie and ice cream for breakfast - with a spoon.

More -

"a Yankee is someone from the North who comes to the South for a visit and then goes back. A damn Yankee is someone from the North who comes to the South and stays there."
"I was twenty-one years old before I learned that 'damn' and 'Yankee' were separate words.”

Yah, but what's a Swamp Yankee? :confused:

Yah, but what's a Swamp Yankee? :confused:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_Yankee

Both sides of my family tree stretch back to the 17th century here in Yankeedom.

One of my mother's ancestors came on the Mayflower but the family left the Puritan colony in MA and settled in CT in the 1700s two towns east of the town I was born in.

My father's side we can trace back to a man that bought a piece of land in 1639 that was two towns west of where I was born.

My grandfather told me as a child that I came from a long line of "Swamp Yankees" and I kinda like the moniker. His definition is the one to describe people that left Puritan settlements and settled in the "swamps" of CT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom