If you want Moon bird UT200

I'll pay postage!

I’m in! Postage plus a 20?

Last edited:
I don’t want to hijack what may be a genuine, but albeit naive, for sale thread or the fun people are having with it so I am going to start a new thread regarding buying and selling to new/low activity UU members.

We all know that there are guidelines for posting in the Marketplace but I was wondering if anyone had any constructive suggestions for creating a buying and selling environment that is more comfortable for all involved parties.

My reason for this is that I shortly plan on downsizing my collection by 30%-50%.

I don’t want to hijack what may be a genuine, but albeit naive, for sale thread or the fun people are having with it so I am going to start a new thread regarding buying and selling to new/low activity UU members.

We all know that there are guidelines for posting in the Marketplace but I was wondering if anyone had any constructive suggestions for creating a buying and selling environment that is more comfortable for all involved parties.

My reason for this is that I shortly plan on downsizing my collection by 30%-50%.

I'm in Australia ... what ya got big boy?

I would also like the Moonbird ! :)

I

I think it's already pretty comfortable to describe and list price. Couldn't be easier. I can only think of 2 reasons someone would ever think of not listing the price. The first is ignorance of a fair price combined with not wanting to offer for less than fair value. The second reason is not so kind.

Low effort listing = minimal result.

Post what you have to sell in the Marketplace. Write a good, accurate description, pointing out any special features or defects. It' seems to be the practice here to include a photo of the uke with a note showing your screen name and the date. I've never seen this done anywhere else, but it's the tradition here. I guess it proves you're not trying to sell a uke from a magazine or online store.

Your pictures should be large. If they are too large, they will be downsized automatically. You are allow five pics per post. After that, you can reply to your original post and put up five more. I like the idea of putting pictures on Google Photos, or a site like that, and then posting a ink. Shoppers can see larger, better quality images.

Post the price and say whether a case or shipping are included. Shipping is expensive because of the size of the box. Weight and distance also have a dramatic effect on shipping costs. You can also post on Fleamarket Music's Marketplace - free, like UU. Reverb attracts a large audience, but they charge a small fee. The speed of selling is greatly influenced by the asking price.

I've bought and sold quite a few ukes online with no problems at all. I have one arriving from Hong Kong today.

Good luck!

Top Bottom