NUD: Takumi TC-1M

CPG

Reaction score
Sorry, no pics yet, but I couldn't wait to post about it. It arrived today and is sitting in my neighbors house until I get home. Thankfully, my neighbor works from home and was able to bring it inside, as the FedEx idiot left it on my front step in the middle of West Philly. I can't wait to try it. Photo's and perhaps a sound sample to come tonight after I get the 2-year old to bed.

Read on for boring details of my decision to buy this:

For a little while I've been keeping my eye out for something special. A couple weeks ago, I noticed a 2015 concert sized mahogany Takumi TC-1M listed in Elderly's used section. Previously, I had never had much interest in concerts, preferring either the traditional sound of the soprano or the big sound of a tenor, but I just kept going back and looking at this. Then last week, I was playing one of my sopranos and started thinking, "Man it would be nice to have something that sounded louder, bigger, and fuller than this, but maintained more of that traditional uke sound then a tenor". While I'd long thought I might like a super soprano, it wasn't until that moment that I, for the first time, understood the appeal of the concert size.

This uke was more than I had planned to spend on my next instrument, but I just kept going back and looking at it. It just checked so many boxes for me. So, I posted a for sale ad for my solid acacia Cordoba 35T-CE to my uke club's Facebook page (it sold promptly), and after two more days of going back and forth pulled the trigger on the Takumi. Hope I love it!

I hope it exceeds your expectations! Best of luck.

I know the one you’re talking about. Definitely an eye catcher on Elderly’s website. Congrats.

Some pics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FLguoYf1oiBq8Sna6

Its gorgeous. A couple little scratches but in otherwise excellent condition. Insanely light build. Super resonant (though I've barely played it yet). Not sure what strings came on it. I had initially assumed they were Fremont blacklines, but they are a little rough feeling. They don't feel like flourocarbon. They are too dark to be the Martin premium strings. I think might be nylon. Regardless, I'll play with them on for a bit but then switch them to Martin 600s which are my go-to strings.

Last edited:
Congratulations!
That's a pretty fine looking uke ya got there.

Some pics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FLguoYf1oiBq8Sna6

Its gorgeous. A couple little scratches but in otherwise excellent condition. Insanely light build. Super resonant (though I've barely played it yet). Not sure what strings came on it. I had initially assumed they were Fremont blacklines, but they are a little rough feeling. They don't feel like flourocarbon. They are too dark to be the Martin premium strings. I think might be nylon. Regardless, I'll play with them on for a bit but then switch them to Martin 600s which are my go-to strings.

Beautiful! They look like Gotoh tuners.

beautiful ukulele! congratulations!

I saw that one and admired it. Congratulations!

Top Bottom