Down Up Dave hand surgery

SoloRule

Reaction score
As many of you know that Dave is having a pretty invasive hand surgery today!
I have just been asked by his dear wife to let his friends here know that he is home now recovering. I encouraged his wife to save all the dirty dishes and house work for him since he is taking time off work .

One of my ukes needs strings change , hurry up get better soon !
:D.

Dave I hope you back to playing as soon as you can, but do take it slow and easy.

Oh my, but you and DUD are so funny. I cracked up. Do heal up soon Dave, or there could be UU folk knocking on your door to drool over your mighty instrument collections.

Hey Dave,

You will be back at it, with more ability than ever ... heal up quickly my friend! Look forward to seeing you soon.

And SoloRule, pay a teen ager to change the strings!

Hey Dave,

You will be back at it, with more ability than ever ... heal up quickly my friend! Look forward to seeing you soon.

And SoloRule, pay a teen ager to change the strings!

You are changing it next Saturday. I don’t know how to change lfdm strings

Dave, hope your surgery went well, here's to a speedy recovery.

Take it slow—one string at a time.

But do make sure you do your PT as soon as you can. It's almost more important than the surgery itself.

Speedy recovery.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery, Dave. I hope you will be back at playing your ukes and guitars in no time! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Speedy recovery Dave!

I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand on 1/25. They want me to do the left hand too, but no way, at least for a while, thems the fretting fingers. My only advice..keep it clean (the hand, I meant). You'll be down & up before you know it!

Last edited:
Heal well, D.U.Dave. Do all the physio and massage, as instructed. I had surgery on my left hand some years ago, and I've never looked back. Oh! and that doesn't mean it had an adverse effect on the mobility of my neck!

I asked the surgeon if I would be able to play the ukulele. He looked at me, very wearily, and said, "That rather depends upon whether you could before".

For me, it was a huge improvement (Du Puytren's Contracture).

All the best,

John Colter.

Hey, Dave, wish you a speedy recovery. I am looking forward to your long dissertations on music theory while you wait to get back into playing shape.

Best wishes, Man.

Can you give Solo Rule a verbal lesson on string changes. Maybe she can change yours while you heal.

It's all about the PT. Don't push it too hard, but you do it! I had 4 trigger finger tendons released. Two were middle fingers. Hmmmm.. what does that say about me? lol

Feel better.

Dave,
You are such a blessing to this forum. Always even tempered, ready to help others, good sense of humor; and you’re pretty smart. You make this place better. Get well soon!

John

Wishing Dave a speedy recovery. Hope you're back to playing your ukuleles soon.

Top Bottom