Recent “The Ukulele Site” hang out videos- thanks Andrew!

Jeffelele

Reaction score
I’ve been enjoying the “hang out” type videos from Andrew and crew that have begun to show up lately. Lots of good content and fun.

Sometimes I feel like I’m in the room with them. Other times I wish I was.

+1
I watched the "answers to FAQ" video yesterday & enjoyed it immensely. Next up I'll watch the video on fluorocarbon strings.

Yep! Love them!

Totally love these. Andrew is cool and I love hearing Kalei and Corey’s opinions especially. They crack me up too. Deserves more views for sure. Good thread.

Definitely love the HMS podcasts... makes for interesting and entertaining ukulele content.

Second that, thanks HMS!

Definitely agree. I've binge watched all of them from 2019 over the past few days, and I can't count how many times I laughed out loud. There's a lot of good, useful info spread throughout as well. It's cool to see Tobias on there as well, as his style is so different from Kalei and Corey. All three have their own distinct sound.

I'm gonna go against the flow here, but I prefer when they do shorter videos discussing one single topic. I love HMS and everyone who works there, but their newer vlogs are just too long and "messy" for me. I'm looking for information and opinions on specific topics, different brands, different strings, different woods etc., and I don't have time to watch their entire sessions. I really appreciate all they do for us ukulele players, I learned so much from them over the years, I just wish they'd break down their videos to focusing on a specific topic (like they used to do with explaining the use of a truss rod, how to install Gotoh Planetary tuners, 10 different sets of strings, 10 different tenors for under 200 dollars etc.).

I too prefer the short and concise videos as well. However, precise focus involves more work in terms of planning, multiple takes, editing, etc., whereas loose and long winded videos are probably easier for them. I wasn't able to watch all the way through as they lost the forward motion and I wandered off...

I too prefer the short and concise videos as well. However, precise focus involves more work in terms of planning, multiple takes, editing, etc., whereas loose and long winded videos are probably easier for them. I wasn't able to watch all the way through as they lost the forward motion and I wandered off...

That's been my experience so far, too. The short videos are great. The longer ones are a little too loose and long to keep me watching, and I'm sure I'm missing great information because I wander off. They do look like they're having a lot of fun, though.

Guess it depends on your situation. I have the joy (can’t believe sarcasm still doesn’t have a font) of spending way too much time in airports and cabs. The longer the better I say!

Thanks for the feedback guys. The goal is to get together and share opinions, demos, info that might be useful based on things we get asked regularly. But it's always so late and we end up goofing off because we've already been working all day. And then I don't spend enough time on editing because, well, there's real work to do. But I'll keep looking at different ways to approach it. Mahalo for your thoughts and support.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The goal is to get together and share opinions, demos, info that might be useful based on things we get asked regularly. But it's always so late and we end up goofing off because we've already been working all day. And then I don't spend enough time on editing because, well, there's real work to do. But I'll keep looking at different ways to approach it. Mahalo for your thoughts and support.

you're the best, brother.
thanks man, for everything.
jon

Long, short, focused, or unfocused, I think we can all agree that your contribution to the community is great. I’ve learned a ton from you guys, and I’m sure I’m not alone there. I’d just like to point out that if you had edited down your recent videos I may never have learned that the earth is indeed flat, or that sound waves flow in circles. Invaluable lessons from the incomparable Dr. Fujimoto!

Thanks for all you guys do.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks from me, too. Watching the various videos of your team interacting and "teaching" (whether intended, or not) gave me extra confidence when I chose to purchase my first quality 'ukulele from HMS. As it turned out, my pre-delivery interactions with your staff further reinforced the impressions of trust and professionalism I had gleaned. (Loving my new Romero Creations 'Replica')

Long, short, focused, or unfocused, I think we can all agree that your contribution to the community is great.

+1.
I'm sure it's an incredible amount of work to put together all the videos, let alone edit them in a way that will appeal to us all, with our varying tastes in what we'd like to see.
Thanks!

Top Bottom