Sopranissimo, Anyone?

:stop:
:rulez:
Nothing under concert scale for me :p

Per my signature, I have a sopranino. Pretty easy to play since I usually play soprano, but I don't think I'd make the jump to sopranissimo. I considered a pineapple sopranino recently, but I really want to focus on soprano which has the sound I want and the scale I'm used to.

Per my signature, I have a sopranino. Pretty easy to play since I usually play soprano, but I don't think I'd make the jump to sopranissimo. I considered a pineapple sopranino recently, but I really want to focus on soprano which has the sound I want and the scale I'm used to.

My sopranino is a pineapple, too. Cute.

I love mine- it’s adorable lol. I do cramp up a bit if I play it for a long session, but I do toss it in my bag if I’m pulling a night shift or traveling. It’s perfect for that. And for playing at stop lights...

I love mine- it’s adorable lol. I do cramp up a bit if I play it for a long session, but I do toss it in my bag if I’m pulling a night shift or traveling. It’s perfect for that. And for playing at stop lights...

I ordered an Ohana TTPK-70G spruce top pineapple to match my similar soprano.

We're considering the Blue Willow Ohana Sopranissimo. It's just so cute.

I have the solid Ohana spruce top pineapple sopranissimo. I got it for travelling as it fits in my personal bag for travelling on cheapo airlines with no carry on allowance. It is more difficult to play, but I get used to it after a few hours. Right now I loaned it to my daughter for her trip to Cambodia/Madagascar. She says she isn't playing much because of its size. I am just hoping for its safe return to me. It is a sweet sounding uke and I need my travel uke.

I opted for the sopranino, figuring with my large hands the sopranissimo would be too small to enjoy. The sopranissimo definitely has a slight edge in my book for “cute” factor, though.

I think I made the right call, as even the sopranino will cause my fretting hand to cramp up if I’m doing anything other than barre chords.

All that said, the sound and sustain in these little ukes is out of control! I’ve heard the pineapple gives even more volume with the slightly larger soundboard. Mim had a B-stock solid wood model that I jumped on. Tuned up a whole step with Worth Browns, it is one of my favorites for playing around the house.

I opted for the sopranino, figuring with my large hands the sopranissimo would be too small to enjoy. The sopranissimo definitely has a slight edge in my book for “cute” factor, though.

I think I made the right call, as even the sopranino will cause my fretting hand to cramp up if I’m doing anything other than barre chords.

All that said, the sound and sustain in these little ukes is out of control! I’ve heard the pineapple gives even more volume with the slightly larger soundboard. Mim had a B-stock solid wood model that I jumped on. Tuned up a whole step with Worth Browns, it is one of my favorites for playing around the house.

Nice comparison in the link below. The pineapple with the larger volume body almost makes it sound one size up . But then I've noticed that with pineapple in general. That's what interests me in the pineapple sopranino; pineapple shape with sort of a soprano sound. Soprano pineapples are too full sounding for my tastes.

https://youtu.be/eY-SsZ31tU0

Nice comparison in the link below. The pineapple with the larger volume body almost makes it sound one size up . But then I've noticed that with pineapple in general. That's what interests me in the pineapple sopranino; pineapple shape with sort of a soprano sound. Soprano pineapples are too full sounding for my tastes.

Thanks for that.

Thanks for that.

:agree: ditto! Thanks for sharing the link.

I'll "ditto" Jerry's appreciation for that "Roxie" link. I always enjoy taking a look at Roxie's (Rachel's) reviews. She is such a down-to-earth, knowledgeable, bright and fun lady, and a great player too.

That's why I got her for our July 20 Hop 'n Uke fest!

Top Bottom