Case without a storage compartment in the neck

derbyhat

Reaction score
I’ve got some small ukuleles - a KoAloha Noah and a DJ Morgan pineapple. They’re in the sopranino category - sort of. The Noah apparently has a longer neck than your average sopranino.

Anyway - I want hard cases for them. Everything I’ve looked at either doesn’t fit because the body is too small OR it doesn’t fit because the compartment it too big and the uke is too short to fit in evenly.

I’ve considered gig bags, but I’m worried about protection in crowds and from rambunctious children and animals that live with me. Also humidification is hard in the winter.

Does anyone have advice on what I could get?

Thanks!

I have a ProTec stiff gig case for my Moodyville Gypsy Jazz Tenor (Shelly D. Park). It's nicely made. Does not have an interior compartment, but uses a moveable, velcro-attached, notched neck pillow for the neck support. It can be repositioned wherever you want it.

Not as stiff as say, a UkeKrazy polyfoam case. I wouldn't use it as luggage on an airline. But better protection than most squishy soft gig bags.

I’ve got some small ukuleles - a KoAloha Noah and a DJ Morgan pineapple. They’re in the sopranino category - sort of. The Noah apparently has a longer neck than your average sopranino.

Anyway - I want hard cases for them. Everything I’ve looked at either doesn’t fit because the body is too small OR it doesn’t fit because the compartment it too big and the uke is too short to fit in evenly.

I’ve considered gig bags, but I’m worried about protection in crowds and from rambunctious children and animals that live with me. Also humidification is hard in the winter.

Does anyone have advice on what I could get?

Thanks!

I have a nice hard case for my sopranino, and I'll be looking for a case for the sopranissimo that arriving next week.

The hardware shops here sell cases for electric tools, they look like large brief cases. They come with a "blank" lump of high density foam inside, you carve out the shape for the tool in the foam. They are about 1cm to short for a soprano, so they will probably hold a sopranino size snuggly. They are very strong and reasonably priced. So maybe look for a case in a toolshop or hardware store?

Great idea! I almost wish I had a sopranino to try it out. My fingers would never forgive me...

I have a nice hard case for my sopranino, and I'll be looking for a case for the sopranissimo that arriving next week.

Cough, cough. Weren't you planning on downsizing last week? Though admittedly a sopranissimo is a wonderful addition.

Thanks for the suggestions! I might swing by a hardware store this weekend before ordering something online.

Top Bottom