Kiwaya KTC-1 concert uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Beautiful Kiwaya KTC-1 concert uke. All solid mahogany B&S. Gotoh UPT tuners. A real looker, and sounds and plays great, exc condition. I keep trying to like concerts, but just prefer tenors and sopranos, with another tenor on the way. I'm the second owner, the original owner got this one from Ron Fernandez www.fernandezmusic.com. Ron really knows his stuff, and the setup is great, action is perfect for fingerstyle or strumming IMO. If I had a clue about fingerpicking, I'd keep this one for sure, but I'm a strummer, and tenors are floating my boat lately. Strung with new Oasis Bright flouros, which sound best after trying a few sets. Ships in nice black HSC, brand unknown, but not an eBay cheapo. These are $729.00 at HMS, when available, which they're not right now. I've had it for a month or 2, always cased and humidified.

$475.00 shipped in CONUS

20190429_090543.jpg
20190429_090429.jpg
20190429_090614.jpg
20190429_090558.jpg
20190429_090417.jpg

Last edited:
Nice grained mahogany. Very attractive. The Kiwaya-s do seem to live up to their reputations as excellent instruments.

Great deal! Someone buy this! I'm not in the market but almost wish I were. My laminate Famous (by Kiwaya) is amazing. GLWTS, John.

these are hard to find! Great deal for somebody who wants one of the sweetest concert ukes available. My KTC-1 is still my favorite of the lot.

Is that a red C string I see in the pictures?

Yes, it came with an Aquila Red C string. Those old strings are gone, replaced by Martin flouros, which sound great on this uke.

Thanks for answering my question John. I can't believe this hasn't been snatched up yet.

Yes, especially for that price! Kiwaya makes amazingly good instruments in all respects. I wish I had to cash to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom