Opions on ROMERO CREATIONS "GT" SOLID SPRUCE TOP GRAND TENOR

shanmoon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Opinions on ROMERO CREATIONS "GT" SOLID SPRUCE TOP GRAND TENOR

Anyone have any experience with the ROMERO CREATIONS "GT" SOLID SPRUCE TOP GRAND TENOR? It is a solid spruce top with laminated Mahogany body.

(example of it on HMS: https://www.theukulelesite.com/romero-creations-gt-solid-spruce-top-grand-tenor-package.html )

I've never really considered one of the large body tenors before, but someone offered to trade one to me for my Islander GL6 Guitarlele with pickup.

I'm particularly interested in opinon of it with re-entrant tuning instead of low G. How resonant is it and how is the sustain, and does it seem more suited to strumming, or fingerpicking, or somewhere in the middle? How do the Pepe Romero flurocarbon strings compare to Worth Clears or Browns, or other fluro strings as far as tension and tone.

Lastly, I'd be very interested in impression of the neck profile. I love my Ponos but they have very thick necks as far as depth from front to back. In comparsion, the thin profile of a Kanile'a baritone is very comfortable to me. Koaloha seems to be kind of between the two, and just a tad thicker than i would like. I guess I kind of favor a slight radius and shallow depth front to back but like a little bit of a wider nut. I'm not sure how the budget line of Romeros compares neck wise to their higher end ukes.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with the ROMERO CREATIONS "GT" SOLID SPRUCE TOP GRAND TENOR? It is a solid spruce top with laminated Mahogany body.

(example of it on HMS: https://www.theukulelesite.com/romero-creations-gt-solid-spruce-top-grand-tenor-package.html )

I've never really considered one of the large body tenors before, but someone offered to trade one to me for my Islander GL6 Guitarlele with pickup.

I'm particularly interested in opinon of it with re-entrant tuning instead of low G. How resonant is it and how is the sustain, and does it seem more suited to strumming, or fingerpicking, or somewhere in the middle? How do the Pepe Romero flurocarbon strings compare to Worth Clears or Browns, or other fluro strings as far as tension and tone.

All Romero Creations are very well suited to fingerpicking with strums thrown in. Romero comes from a Spanish guitar background, and that sound is brought over to ukuleles.

Top Bottom