Twinkle Twinke! Don't give up! Small victories summed equals major milestones!

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I came across this awesome arrangement of "twinkle twinkle" and I struggled to sound anything like that for many weeks.. (Sept-Oct 2018) dropped it and continued with other songs... I finally was able to play this song once and it sounded correct to my ears.. I am elated!! I have a long way to go still before I can record and share but I feel happy cause unlike other stuff I have tried, this style is so nice and jazzy and I want to be able to play like that.
He also has an amazing rendition of "What a wonderful world", that is in the pipeline.

Ohh, nice arrangement. Sounds like something Brittni would play.
I'm going to have to give this a try.

Congratulations on learning it. It's great when we have milestones like that.

When continuing our journey it are moments like this that help you realize how far you have travelled. This song now seems relatively easy and used to be impossible for me! :) the links might be dead for the notation, I can send it if you need.

Twinkle Twinkle star so bright, Oops you are a satellite!

Thanks for posting this. I think this will become a target piece for me as well. My pinkie has a long way to go...

Congrats! Isn’t it satisfying to see proof of progress! :)
It is! And hope that this thread gives motivation to the beginners if struggling even to coordinate left and right hand movement cos I was there too. I’m not saying I’m good now but I’m progressing slowly.

I got no ukulele friends nor can I commit time to lessons. The uke scene here is dying. But there’s tonnes of free online tutorial videos and tabs by many generous folks out there. And UAS helped too, that feeling of doing justice to the expensive ukes kept me going as well!

This is one of the first pieces I learned to play on a piano, Jong long time ago. This is a much more interesting arrangement then what I might play. Thanks.

You talking about this chord, with string starting from the furthest AECG 3-3-4-2?
1. Index finger bars on 2nd fret
2. Middle finger on A string 3rd fret
3. Ring finger on E string 3rd fret
4. Pinky on C string 4th fret

Then 5-3-5-3
1. Index finger bars on 3rd fret
2. Middle finger on A string 5th fret
3. Ring finger on E string 5th fret

Then 5-4-5-4
Same as above but push the index finger to bar on 4th fret

And the 3-1-4-2
1. Index finger on E string 1st fret
2. Middle finger on G string 2nd fret
3. Ring finger on A string 3rd fret
4. Pinky on C string 4th fret
You need to bend your wrist outward, away from the neck for better pressure on the strings and not muting on the strings.

You can tell that for the first three are similar so there is not much finger changing.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I’m slowly getting this arrangement together, but I’m still struggling to play the 5th chord (2433) What is the best way to play this chord shape? :D
The way I do it is, index bar on 2, middle barring 3 and 3 and ring tip hitting 4.. takes time to get it in place but works after a while.

Last edited:
I’m slowly getting this arrangement together, but I’m still struggling to play the 5th chord (2433) What is the best way to play this chord shape? :D

Looks to be index, pinky, middle, ring. Can do single string or bar with the index. If too awkward, leave out the G string and play the other three.

Last edited:
Campbell, I can't make the video play.

I'd love sent tabs you make. I've been obsessed with this song since the thread began.

Hi folks, I've been flat out renovating our house the last few months & sadly had little time for ukin' & UU, but today it rained & it was a bit dangerous up on the 6 meter scaffolding, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to record a quick video of this tune & add an alternative outro :) I'll try to find some time to tab it out if anyone is interested, just let me know :)

Nicely done!!!! Tabs please!

Top Bottom