what do you think

Just Google " Antoniotsai"

Note that Antonio has removed his name off the ebay listing... or the company removed Antonio's name off...

(But honestly, I kinda still want one)

good thing i asked they look cool and i was set on getting one

That's not Antoniotsai, that's taisamlu. Apparently, he's a different guy with a slightly better reputation, but I'd still be very, very, wary.

BTW, there's no way that's Koa.

That's not Antoniotsai, that's taisamlu.

Yup. my bad... Bruceweiart is another similar vendor.

One of the main concerns with one of these instruments seems to be the high cost of return shipping if something is wrong with the instrument.

A friend of mine bought one of the Vietnamese ukes with all the pearloid inlay and it is beautiful, but it just hangs on a wall and he never actually ever played it. It does look nice, but I have never even heard so much as a single strum.

I've seen these Ukes go for silly money, If people want an Instrument don't buy, If you want an ornament, get one, they do look nice.

The shipping cost is ridiculous, and I have of the inlays popping off.
I'd personally buy a Keli'i Hawaiian made Koa 'ukulele for around the same price.

Nice piece of art. That filigreed/inlaid fretboard is beautiful - and a bugger to play (which is the third fret? the fifth?). If I had wall space to hang it, I might be interested.

But caveat emptor: if factory-made solid-top/laminate side ukes are selling at $250, why would a handmade, soild koa uke be so inexpensive?​

No mate. Don't buy it. I deal with ebay a lot and this looks iffy, and someone told me a long time ago that if it looks iffy then it probably is.
Everyone could be wrong but why take the chance.

Cost of the uke plus shipping you are paying over 300 bucks, I would check out MGM also on eBay. the only place to buy off eBay I have bought 4 uke's from him. Really a nice guy to deal with.

Top Bottom