I "Won" a Cocobolo

Jerryc41

Reaction score
This is amazing. I was about to buy a Cocobolo from kerneltime here on UU, but I told him to wait till after 2:00 to see if I won a chance to buy a new one from Kevin Keith.

When I went back to the computer, there was a message from Kevin telling me that I had "won" #372. I've been entering this lottery for at least a year, and I was minutes away from buy this one on UU. So, please, someone buy the beautiful Cocobolo from kerneltime.

I'll wait till after I receive it to post pictures.

This is amazing. I was about to buy a Cocobolo from kerneltime here on UU, but I told him to wait till after 2:00 to see if I won a chance to buy a new one from Kevin Keith.

When I went back to the computer, there was a message from Kevin telling me that I had "won" #372. I've been entering this lottery for at least a year, and I was minutes away from buy this one on UU. So, please, someone buy the beautiful Cocobolo from kerneltime.

I'll wait till after I receive it to post pictures.

Congrats, Jerry! I had the same idea you did, but had my eyes on #370 and #375 from that lot.

Looking forward to your NUD once it arrives!

I put new strings and low g on and it sounds really nice! Have been on the fence for selling..
All this talk is making me change my mind! :)

Jerry keeps trying to thin his herd (more like an entire cattle drive) but the universe keeps sending him more ukuleles.

Last edited:
Way to go Jerry!
You won't regret it.
There is no way I'd ever get rid of my Cocobolo uke.
The lady who gets it when I die keeps trying to hide it from me.

How much is your "won" uke costing? Just looked up the site and they're gorgeous! Congrats!
Hey, I'll trade you my handmade banjo uke for it, lol!

Wow it's great to know I'm only one + degrees of separation from someone who "won" in the cocobolo lottery. Way to go yippee. I had entered for 370. As my brother would say, "it's all good."

Dang! I didn't win. Glad that you did Jerry. They are pretty cool little concerts. Gorgeous to look at and sound mighty nice too. :drool:

But the question we all want to know the answer to is:

Are you going to spring for the dog's paw print side sound port? —Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

Last edited:
Dang! I didn't win. Glad that you did Jerry. They are pretty cool little tenors. Gorgeous to look at and sound mighty nice too. :drool:

But the question we all want to know the answer to is:

Are you going to spring for the dog's paw print side sound port? —Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

I've had dogs all my life, so I couldn't resist that dog paw.

I've been entering the Cocobolo lotteries for well over a year with no luck. A couple of months ago, the same thing happened...all the available ukes went to someone else. But then, a couple of days later, I got a message from Kevin telling me that the original winner chose to not purchase the ukulele, but I was the runner-up and it was mine if I wanted it. I quickly checked my financial status, and a few hours later, was making a Paypal payment. I got one of their less common configurations...a concert with cocobolo back and sides with a cedar top. I am extremely happy with the instrument and have no regrets about that spur-of-the-moment decision.

I think you'll be quite pleased with your new Cocobolo!

Probably deserving of its own thread, but Kevin at Cocobolo just updated their lottery to be a rolling system for anyone who doesn’t win. You can read about it on their Facebook page, but basically every one you don’t win, your name is added as an extra entry for the next lottery of the same size, cumulatively. So those who have been trying for years have a better shot in each lottery.

The rolling lottery is cool, but it still doesn’t get me over my real hurdle: I refuse to create a Facebook account. ��

Here’s hoping the newsletter gives me a way in somehow.

The rolling lottery is cool, but it still doesn’t get me over my real hurdle: I refuse to create a Facebook account. ��

Here’s hoping the newsletter gives me a way in somehow.

The other change is no more Facebook marketplace. It’ll be email newsletter only. ;)

Top Bottom