NUD: Ohana Pineapple Sopranissimo

Jerryc41

Reaction score
This just arrived from Butler Music. So cute! It's amazing how well it's made and finished considering that it's not a big, mainstream ukulele. Not surprisingly, the volume is not going to disturb the neighbors when I play it, but the volume is acceptable.

I'm going to tune it GCEA, at least for now. One change I will be making is to the tuners. I bet they weigh as much as the rest of the uke. If I install UPTs, there will be those little screw holes left over. If I go that route, I'd like to fill them, but filling would require refinishing the back of the headstock, which is probably a job for a professional woodworker.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Cute! Any pics next to a “normal size” uke (or other object) for a sense of scale?

When you say the volume is “acceptable”, is it quieter than you had hoped? Just curious.

I will say, the tuners were a big factor in my choosing the sopranino, as it came with friction pegs that I can have swapped for UPTs without filling screw holes and refinishing. Best of luck swapping them out!

Cute! Any pics next to a “normal size” uke (or other object) for a sense of scale?

When you say the volume is “acceptable”, is it quieter than you had hoped? Just curious.

I will say, the tuners were a big factor in my choosing the sopranino, as it came with friction pegs that I can have swapped for UPTs without filling screw holes and refinishing. Best of luck swapping them out!

I didn't have any expectations about the volume, but something this small isn't going to break any ear drums. : )

When I get the sopranino tomorrow, I'll take a picture of the three of them together. I see you have the SK-21A. I just sold one to buy the pineapple so that all three would match.

When I get the sopranino tomorrow, I'll take a picture of the three of them together. I see you have the SK-21A. I just sold one to buy the pineapple so that all three would match.

Should be a pretty sweet lineup! Can’t wait to see.

Maybe a shot of them “in the garden” to show how Ohana grows their pineapples, harvesting as they reach the desired size?

Wont UPTs be heavier? :confused:

FWIW, I still have 3 sets of Southcoast XLL if you want to go with a higher tuning. Probably would be high dGBE on this short of a scale

FWIW, I still have 3 sets of Southcoast XLL if you want to go with a higher tuning. Probably would be high dGBE on this short of a scale

I have some UPTs. I'll weigh them and geared tuners. Regardless of the weight, those tuners look pretty big on that headstock.

If you want to go with Pegheds, I have the original set from my Martin 1T IZ you can have.

Just pay postage (by donating it to your Library program).

Gotoh 2.2 oz, Geared 2.6 oz. Not much difference, but I don't like those "ears" sticking out there.

Top Bottom