LFDM ukuleles in the UK?

It’ll be harder and harder to get an LfDM since they only use The Ukulele Site to sell them - exclusively. Unless you live in Canada. I don’t live in the UK but I own one and happy to answer any questions.

Yes, I think George (TheBlackEgg) is in the UK and has one, or has had one. Another member of this forum from the UK is Andrew (Elliottauk) who used to own an LFdM, but he might have sold it a couple of years ago. If you're looking for owners in Europe in general, I have one that I got from the Ukulele Site about five years ago, and there is another forum member from Italy named Gildo who had one but wanted to sell or trade it last fall. I love mine, cuts through like an electric guitar in lead playing, not like any other ukulele I have owned.

I own three, a tenor, a 19" super tenor and a baritone but I don't live in England. I am not sure if you were looking to demo one and that is why you were asking about England. Feel free to ask any questions, I will be attending Solorules party as well. Not too late for you to hop on a plane for Canada and attend. Gotta ask Solorule first ;)

If you are trying to find one in England why not give Duke of Uke in London or Souther Uke in Bournemouth a call and see if they can help.

Alternatively if you are after a custom made Uke then there are plenty of Luthiers around.

I go to a couple of Guitar shows and the luthiers there on display produce outstanding instruments

Thanks for all the responses! I really want to try an LFDM tenor. I've actually met George but haven't seen him online for quite a while.

Not interested in commissioning a custom tenor but I might give southern ukulele a call. Just wanted to put some feelers out here first.

If anyone in UK or Europe is looking to move an LFDM on send me a message... Might be able to buy or trade...

Is it true that is has a very guitar like quality / sound to it?

Last edited:
I own three, a tenor, a 19" super tenor and a baritone but I don't live in England. I am not sure if you were looking to demo one and that is why you were asking about England. Feel free to ask any questions, I will be attending Solorules party as well. Not too late for you to hop on a plane for Canada and attend. Gotta ask Solorule first ;)

I want in on this party! But alas there is an ocean and work in the way (got to work to fund the ukes and pets :p)

The sound is guitar like. First off Luis designed them for low G and to be resonant and full sounding with good sustain and projection. This is guitar like to me where a typical uke sound is more punchy with a quicker note decay. There are lots of tenor ukes out there with a guitar like tone, including all of the ones in my signature below.

Follow Timmy_uke75 on Instagram. He has an LfDM that I gave him and he has many sound samples.

Top Bottom