NJ Uke Fest

I just want to thank you for constantly posting news about festivals. You have put many on my radar.

The NJ event is "mine" in the sense that I attend it., Give me some details about yours, and I'll pass them along to my groups.

Well, you found the FB advertisement, but here it is again: https://www.facebook.com/events/303961890285117/

This is a one day festival, starting at noon. It is FREE!
(Though Adventure Brewery would like you to buy some beer...)

Featured artist courtesy of Ohana Ukuleles is Rachel Manke, who will perform and afternoon and evening sets. Also on tap is Bry Harris of the Paradise Island Band, (most likely) Mim (who needs no introduction), and a bevy of local artists including Larry Hinkle of Hinkle Ukuleles (who will also be vending...)

Food trucks will be on site to provide victuals - and of course, there will be beer available.

Other vendors will also be there, including local music store Picker's Supply, whom Ohana is providing an additional shipment of ukes to sell (just for the occasion).

The evening set is set to begin at 8 pm, with jamming afterwards until the beer is gone (or at least, no one is buying any more...)
(Hey, the venue is being provided for free and they are providing support, so I have to mention beer.)

So, any other questions?

Well, you found the FB advertisement, but here it is again: https://www.facebook.com/events/303961890285117/

Featured artist courtesy of Ohana Ukuleles is Rachel Manke, who will perform and afternoon and evening sets. Also on tap is Bry Harris of the Paradise Island Band, (most likely) Mim (who needs no introduction), and a bevy of local artists including Larry Hinkle of Hinkle Ukuleles (who will also be vending...)

Food trucks will be on site to provide victuals - and of course, there will be beer available.

Other vendors will also be there, including local music store Picker's Supply, whom Ohana is providing an additional shipment of ukes to sell (just for the occasion).

The evening set is set to begin at 8 pm, with jamming afterwards until the beer is gone (or at least, no one is buying any more...)
(Hey, the venue is being provided for free and they are providing support, so I have to mention beer.)

So, any other questions?

Sounds good, but it's fourteen hours of driving and 800 miles. I'm going to six events this year, but the farthest is 5.5 hrs to PA. I'll pass this along, though. The price is good. : )

EDIT: I notice it's called the Hop N Fest, with Atlantic Brew:Ding mentioned. My playing always sounds a lot better after some "hops."

I wasn't going to go to this one this year since it falls close to my birthday and I'm already scheduled to attend three festivals this year, but now that I see the lineup (Daniel Ward, Heidi Swedberg, Gerald Ross, Rachel Manke, and Christopher Davis-Shannon), I am rapidly reevaluating!

I wasn't going to go to this one this year since it falls close to my birthday and I'm already scheduled to attend three festivals this year, but now that I see the lineup (Daniel Ward, Heidi Swedberg, Gerald Ross, Rachel Manke, and Christopher Davis-Shannon), I am rapidly reevaluating!

These ukulele instructors/performers certainly keep busy during the year. In the cold weather, they go to CA for events.

So, any other questions?

Yes, why did you show a 6-string ukulele on your flyer. Someone might mistake it for a guitar... :confused:

Yeah - the Brewery did that. Need to make sure it gets fixed before the t-shirts and posters are made...

Yes, why did you show a 6-string ukulele on your flyer. Someone might mistake it for a guitar... :confused:

OK, She fixed it on the final version of the poster - thanks for the edit!

Hoppin' Uke Fest.jpg

Top Bottom