For Sale:ANUENUE Vision 1879, Solid Koa Soprano

John ByTheSea

Reaction score
Apparently my fingers prefer concert models over soprano.
So, this cool little aNueNue Vision 1879 is for sale, $450.00 shipped. Includes hard case.
Nice tone and surprising volume, feather light. There are a number of demo videos of
these on youtube. Made in Taiwan. Gently cared for, mint.

Narrative stolen from another site in order to give as much info as possible:

"1879 refers to the year that the Portuguese arrived in Hawaii bringing with them their little 4-stringed Braguina instruments which the islanders adopted and which evolved into the ukuleles we know today. This aNueNue 1879 model soprano ukulele is inspired by the Jonah Kumalae "Gold Award" soprano ukuleles that were made in Honolulu between 1911 and 1940. In 1915 Jonah Kumalae won the Panama Pacific International Exhibition Gold Award in San Francisco, and from that time on his ukuleles featured on their headplate the distinctive crest of Hawaii, the maker name, the "Gold Award" name by which these ukuleles are often called, and the date 1915. For more on Jonah Kumalae, see: en.wikipedia.org .

This 1879 model soprano ukulele features a body with a gracefully arched back made with beautifully figured solid koa, a koa headplate with a facsimile of the crest of Hawaii, a koa fingerboard and koa saddle. It also features modern tuning pegs that look like friction pegs and fit in place like friction pegs but are turned instead by a hidden internal mechanism." Bigger pics available.
IMG_5146.jpgIMG_5144.jpgIMG_5142.jpgIMG_5143.jpgIMG_5295.jpg

Last edited:
Nice uke.
I remember this one having quite a nice top, would recommend including a close up pic of the soundboard and back...

HYeah, thanks Tracie. I spent some time trying to upload larger photos, I've done it before, but this time I just couldn't get it right. If anybody's interested I'd be glad to send pics. I know I can do it with email....

Last edited:
Check your mail box

Top Bottom