Weirdest Situation you have experienced with your ukulele

specialmike

Reaction score
With Weshwee's post about playing nude, it got me thinking about some other situations.

Where/what is the weirdest place/oddest situation/most unorthodox occasion that you played your ukulele in.

Like... being naked, after a shower, with towels on, or something.

I've got to say I've tried to learn a song on the loo because uhhhh.... it was time for a new lesson; My girl :) :rofl: (not with my koaloha)

I learned it. Done deal. haha
Disgusting? Yes. TMI, most likely.

How about you?:music:

Hmm..

-In the rain
-On the top viewing deck of the Eiffel Tower
-In a castle in Austria
-In an abandoned warehouse in North France
-Quite often on the toilet while getting business done
-In an Organic Chemistry II lecture
-From the roof of a dormitory on campus (snuck up there one day :p)
-In the back of an airplane entertaining some air hostesses on a long flight to S.Africa
-On the back seat of a tandem bicycle while riding through town
-In a supermarket while wearing a panda constume
-On the roof of a strip mall
-In a NYC subway car/platform

.. and I can't think of any others at the moment

not THAT weird..but before my gig at the winery (the one featured) i was walking in with my ukes, passed a table, and the people were like "HEY WHATS THAT..." explained to them and said "sit down and play, we arn't staying til the music starts...so i played, and they handed me some big bucks...i tried some grace and talked them down to 10 dollars and they finally excepted....i guess they were impressed enough to stay...

PS> i play my crappy ukes on the john all the time, not to mention a million bubble baths...yeah i'm a girly

Busted it out as soon as I got off a plane from NY to Arizona, and played it in the car on the way out of the airport parking lot.

And hiked from Koloa to Po'ipu and then up to Lawa'i strumming the whole time. :D

In the waiting room at the cancer clinic, waiting to be called for radiotherapy. That raised a few smiles.

Ukantor.

... mine was bringing home my dozenth ukulele and not having my wife remove from me some body parts of which I have grown fond...​

Not that wierd, but I was waiting for some friends, and I sat outside a church. While I waited I played a bit.. When I stared to play I'm yours a couple of old women that walked by started singing it :p
Was a bit surprised that people 70+ knew the lyrics of that one :p
But I am counting on mych better stories to tell in the future!

I was in a train in rural Thailand, the train was stopped and waiting for another train to pass in the opposite direction. A woman came by selling drinks and beer. I ended up playing ukulele for over an hour while everyone waited and had several beers bought for me. It was really fun.

At Walt Disney World—Hollywood Studios playing "I Will Survive" with Bucky Greenwald (one of the Disney cast) breakdancing as I played.

And hiked from Koloa to Po'ipu and then up to Lawa'i strumming the whole time. :D

Did you eat at Mark's Place when you got to Lawai? So ono!

If my bird is having a hyper screaming fit, I'll sit near his cage and start fingerpicking on the uke. It takes a few seconds but he ends up converting his yells to a quiet whistle while he hops from branch to branch. It works every time!

If my bird is having a hyper screaming fit, I'll sit near his cage and start fingerpicking on the uke. It takes a few seconds but he ends up converting his yells to a quiet whistle while he hops from branch to branch. It works every time!

the bird tamer, coming to a pet store near you. :)

NatalieS - Bird whisperer...(I almost wrote "bird plucker" since you're plucking the strings...but I realized that has terrible implications for a bird - though some pretty good implications for dinner...)

Sadly, my experience level has left me only with two:

1) Taking Ukulele lessons in the Lahaina Cannery Mall in front of 20 or so people.

2) Practicing with the TCUO in a Coffee Shop in Minneapolis weekly. It's a good place to learn and have fun. This is where I do my best Milly Vanilly....

I was in a train in rural Thailand, the train was stopped and waiting for another train to pass in the opposite direction. A woman came by selling drinks and beer. I ended up playing ukulele for over an hour while everyone waited and had several beers bought for me. It was really fun.

like the pied piper, he is. great story Mike!

Top Bottom