nahe nahe uke

tykane33

Reaction score
I bought a uke and I know nothing about it, and cannot seem to find anything about it. It has the following information:

Genuine
Nahe Nahe
brand
traditionally Styled
Hawaiian Tenor Ukulele
Style No. 0 Serial No. 0995331
Made of choicest Materials by Craftsmen of Exceptional Skill, Knowledge & Experience
Maui Ukulele
Manufacturer & Wholesale Distrubuters
Retail Showroomat
430 Hookahi St #3-B
Wailuku Industrial Park
Tel#(808) 242-4988
Mahalo

any info would be greatly appreciated....
thanks

tyler

Maybe you can start playing the ukulele?

Some info ezFolk Forum the info below is from Tiki King database . . .
Nahenahe . . . in Hawaiian means "soft, sweet, melodious" Nahenahe Hawaiian Ukulele is located on Maui and their ukuleles are made there at their facilities. Maui Ukulele is owned and operated by Paul B. Petersen whose roots go back four generations in the Hawaiian Islands (Napolis Ohana of Kauai and Samonte Ohana of Maui).
Websight: no longer available

Have you tried to contact them (NaheNahe)? If you like the sound, playability and comfort when you play, it's all good. Just have fun and enjoy the moment. That's really all that matters.

Nahenahe was a 'ukulele made on Maui. They had a nice shop right on Dairy Road in Kahului. This was in the late 1990s but they went out of business by 2000 if I recall correctly which is sad because they made some nice 'ukuleles.
Used to go in there every chance I got.

Nahenahe was a 'ukulele made on Maui. They had a nice shop right on Dairy Road in Kahului. This was in the late 1990s but they went out of business by 2000 if I recall correctly which is sad because they made some nice 'ukuleles.
Used to go in there every chance I got.

I appreciate the info... I am glad to hear that they were in fact made in maui... I had heard that they may have been made in the Philippines, and just labeled and sold through Maui Ukulele.

"Just have fun and enjoy the moment. That's really all that matters." If it was a plastic piece of junk I would still love it and play it, but knowing the history and, who crafted something, also has a lot of meaning to me.

thanks

unless your ukulele is used, perhaps NaheNahe will be making a come back.

'Your planet, Welcome!' Strick that and reverse it... Oh never mind...

Any way welcome, it's nice to see other players from the area. I am a relatively new Ukulele player as well and have found a bunch more in our area. I was fortunate enough to fall into the Twin Cities Ukulele Orchestra (TCUO) that meets weekly on Tuesday nights. If you are interested, here is their website:

http://twincitiesukuleleorchestra.nexo.com

Another local resource meets weekly over at Como Park called StrumMN and they are a great group of people as well, they meet on the first Sunday of the month...

http://strummn.nexo.com/

Hope to meet you!

"Just have fun and enjoy the moment. That's really all that matters." If it was a plastic piece of junk I would still love it and play it, but knowing the history and, who crafted something, also has a lot of meaning to me.

thanks
Found this site for Paul B. Peterson. There's not much to it and the graphics on the site are not avalable. Here's the contact info . . . and there's no way to tell how current or up to date the info is.
PaulBPetersen@msn.com
(808)243-2265
893 Olena St.
Wailuku, HI 96793

Top Bottom