ASMR ukulele..

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I did not know what ASMR was and after I found out about it, I searched the obvious and looks like it is a thing..
Often playing the uke in the night in the dark is kind of ASMR..

Thoughts?

Thoughts? I suppose I support ASMR videos because it is better than these rather uncultivated content providers resorting to making p*** to earn their money.

Secondly (and more ukulele-related), this performer is making two mistakes:

a) In a video purportedly devoted to auditory stimulation, she isn't really exploiting the sounds of the ukulele: the upstroke, the chuck, playing ponticello, dragging the fingernails for effect, using the sound board for percussion, etc.
b) she is falling into the "ukulele trap" in which everying--from a funeral dirge to a paean to spring--sounds like reggae elevator music because of the upbeat strum and pitch of the instrument. Supposedly, she is supposed to be playing sad music, but the only thing that made me sad was her playing a Makala. Why didn't she call me? i would have lent her my Kamaka for the shoot. She needs to invest in some more morose strum patterns with some lugubrious halting rhythm to tap into the 90% of the ukulele's sound that isn't redolent of sunshine, unicorns and rainbows.

Those are my thoughts. I know they are rather negative, but you solicited thoughts without restrictions. If you would have asked for positive thoughts I would have mentioned how fetching she is and how her chords were unmuffled.

Lol!
I am not looking for a specific kind of response..
i was totally unaware of ASMR.. so had the need to discuss to learn more.. that’s all
Her uke was the first thing I noticed as well ;-) I think there is a lot that can be done for ukulele ASMR.. it is an untapped potential for YouTube content producers!!

I'm more into bellydance videos etc. artistic, but sexy. I have youtube on my TV and after I want relax I mostly want see greyhound or whippet videos, cause they are so calm and peaceful beings.

Problem is If i wall asleep and wakeup I notice the tub has been playing for me maybe wrestling etc. stuff that I don't like at all and recommends them to me lol :)
Or some US gun stuff sigh.

I find Katie's (One Music School) videos relaxing sometimes, but not up to sleep. Just like her voice.

She's a cute young girl with a pony tail, & I'm a sucker for freckles. What's not to like?

ASMR = Autonomous sensory meridian response. See HERE.

That video--I'm definitely not the intended audience, unless she's intending to make your skin crawl.

Seems as though it is more a way to reach a meditative state than a unique sensory response. But, I could be wrong.

It do have to agree that the soprano ukulele and playing doesn't elicit the effect she is trying to reach.

Is the speaking & singing into the two stereo mikes supposed to achieve some sort of auditory response? I suppose listening on a set of headphones or earbuds might better replicate this.

Interesting concept. Not sure how valid it is. I'd be interested in some scientific evidence supporting the premise.

Top Bottom