NUD: Bonanza Concert Cherry "Oreo"

BBegall

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just got my new Bonanza black cherry concert. It's a cherry and black walnut "oreo" style and a return to the concert scale which I haven't owned or played in several years.

I've only had it a day or two and I'm enjoying it immensely. The instrument has a beautiful clear, sweet tone and is especially nice fingerpicked or chord melody style. It came with Worth Brown high g strings which I'll play for awhile but I want to try a low g string because I'm partial to low g.

This is my only concert, first thin line and first with a cut out, first cherry ukulele and the only re-entrant tuned ukulele that I actually play so it fills in a lot of holes for me.

MuWbljP.jpg

What a beauty! I love the creativity the Mais are exploring with the Bonanzas.

Wow definitely a beauty, congratulations. How long did it take to get it. I'm sure it was worth the wait.

I was in Winona, MN yesterday for a mini-uke fest. More like a sing-along with some instruction by 4 of the performers.

I saw two of the Bonanza Wilsonart Laminate material ukes. An Amoebia concert & a soprano double bout. They were both made of quite bright and fun colors of laminate. And both sounded terrific. Both electric and as acoustics.

No Oreos though. But only about 50 people there.

I met a couple of Bonanza owners at the Allegheny Ukulele Soiree over the weekend. They saw my Oreo and come up to me. They told me that there is a Bonanza Facebook page. I'll have to look for that.

Wow definitely a beauty, congratulations. How long did it take to get it. I'm sure it was worth the wait.

This one was built in January and I think Shelley Mai was using it as a demo model. It happened to match the exact specs I requested so Shelley offered it to me at a nice discount. It still took three weeks for a Mi-Si pickup that had to be ordered and installed. As everyone mentions Shelley is very easy to deal with and quite helpful.

I met a couple of Bonanza owners at the Allegheny Ukulele Soiree over the weekend. They saw my Oreo and come up to me. They told me that there is a Bonanza Facebook page. I'll have to look for that.

They put out a free magazine about ukuleles in general as well. It's well done.

seeing yours makes me excited for mine! i placed my order a month ago and they let me know their lead time is 8 weeks. i also ordered a cherry concert with a black walnut stripe.

For me it was a toss up between black walnut with a cherry stripe or cherry with a black walnut stripe. After listening to videos of Shelley playing the oreos over and over, I actually prefer the sound of the cherry over the black walnut (though I prefer the look of the walnut over cherry).

Top Bottom