PDA

View Full Version : FS: Kala Original KA-SRMT-TRI Special Edition Tenor Ukulele--$250 +shipping

jimafornia
05-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Kala Original KA-SRMT-TRI Special Edition Tenor Ukulele with solid spruce top and solid rosewood/mango back and sides. Note: this is the original model with the Solid Rosewood Sides and Solid Rosewood/Mango back, not the newer iteration with the Pau Ferro sides/back (not that thereís anything wrong with that--I havenít heard or played it). Excellent condition, no dings, no case. As purdy as it is, it sounds better. Included youtube review because it captures the sound accurately. $250 plus shipping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjx-s2YIO7E

Uke Mama
05-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Sent you a pm.

Kenn2018
05-06-2019, 11:55 AM
I love rosewood/spruce combination. I wonder, did the mango in the back warm the sound up any so it wasn't quite as bright?

Great looking tenor.

Added: The video answered most of my question. Sounded very nice.

jimafornia
05-06-2019, 01:46 PM
You know I hadn't thought of it that way. I also have the Michael Aratani Special Edition which is spruce/rosewood and it is brighter and "more alive". For what I play the most, I prefer the sound of the triback. I thought the video did an accurate representation to what it sounds like to my ears. There's not a time I play it that I don't go "Whoa, that sounds good." That being said, I've become enamored with my Tiny Tenor and want to upgrade from the laminate model so if I get the right offer at the right moment I'll let the triback go.